Chapter 42

Lightning struck nearby, startling the sleeping Togruta. Ahsoka wrapped a blanket around herself and left her room to get water. It was still dark outside and with the storm it was even darker than it was for the hour. She glanced at the clock on the table which read 0300. She grabbed a glass and started to fill it up.

     Anakin was having a hard time getting to sleep. He had come back from the Room of a Thousand Fountains not too long ago. He had left his room when Master Plo had left Ahsoka alone, in case she could sense him nearby. He didn't want to make her panic. He decided that he would return back to their shared quarters once she was asleep, but he couldn't sit well knowing his Padawan hated him. Anakin sat up from his bed and rubbed a hand across his tired eyes. He need to go somewhere, or just get up and move. He sighed as he passed through the sliding door and walked into the common area. He noticed that the fridge was opened a little, but didn't see anyone near.

" Ugh, must have not closed all the way again." he assumed because the Jedi never bothered to fix appliances. They found it pointless if the occupant were always on missions. Anakin frustrating slammed the door shut, only then did he see the scared Togruta standing in the corner.

" Ah-Ahsoka- I didn't know you were..." Anakin quickly said. He mentally kicked himself.

" M-Master." Ahsoka squirmed in place eyeing the way back to her quarters.

Anakin contemplated if he should let her go back or not. He wanted to talk to her, but he didn't know if he could without making her fear him.

" Ahsoka...can we talk?" he awkwardly asked. It was as if he were talking to a stranger.

" Sure." she replied in a small voice.

He looked around. The rain was pattering on the window as the wind blew. It didn't feel like a safe environment.

" Why don't we talk in the training rooms." he suggested. He had no clue if Ahsoka would remember why that place held so much meaning. He hoped it would jog the good memories between them. He grabbed his and hers lightsaber which were both on the table.

" Oh okay." she replied hastily. 

Ahsoka hadn't been around her Master alone since she was rescued. After everything her mother had showed her, she felt that it was the only possibility. She kept her distance as they exited their chambers and entered the training rooms.

Anakin was determined to get to the bottom of why his Padawan was acting so different around him. He opened the double doors to went over to their usual spot. He waiting patiently for Ahsoka as she skeptically stood next to him.

" I was thinking, that we could train for a bit and talk afterwards?" he knew that it could either go two ways. One Ahsoka would think he wanted to hurt her, or two she would agree and hopefully remember.

" Yes Master." she said it as if he was forcing her to do so. She caught her saber from Anakin and reluctantly ignited it. The green glow shining on her orange skin.

" Ready Snips?" Anakin asked. He saw that Ahsoka slightly flinched at the name, for good or for bad he wasn't sure.

He let her have the first move. She ran at him and took a swing which he easily stepped out of the way. Ahsoka landed behind him with her sabers in a reverse grip. She did the same move again which ended in the same result. 

" Try again Ahsoka, this time don't be so obvious. Mix it up a bit." Ahsoka narrowed her eyes. His words were familiar. She had a faint memory of the same conversation back when she first arrived back at the temple as his Padawan.

     " Alright Ahsoka, show me what you got." Anakin stood in a ready position.

" You're asking for it Skyguy." she playfully responded, running at him with her saber in front. All he did was step aside. He held out his lightsaber close to her neck signaling defeat.