Chapter 39

Anakin stopped right outside one of the smallest buildings that was wedged in between two others. It was so small, no one would have noticed it. It was on the outskirts of the city surrounded by run down shops and stores, most that haven't been operational in years.

" This place, sir?" Dogma ran his gaze down the building. 

" I have a feeling that this is it." Anakin said determined. He ordered Jesse and Dogma to stand guard outside. Something was telling him that they would have to hurry. 

" Rex, Echo, Kix, come on." he lead them inside.

" I have a bad feeling about this place General." Echo said nervously as they pressed on down the many corridors. It was like a maze. For one small structure, the place was enormous. 

Kix bit his lip, the Commander had been through so much he was extremely worried about her mental health. If she was put through any more horrible situations, he feared the worst. He couldn't let that happen. 

Rex peered around the next corner, hearing something slam up ahead. He shifted his focus to the winding staircase just above them that seemed to be leading to the roof. 

" Sir, I think someone just went up there." he pointed aiming his guns at the top exit.

" Echo, Kix, would you two mind checking it out?" Anakin asked his two best men.

Echo nodded to his brother beside him. " Of course not, sir."

" Good, and Kix be ready in case I need you." he said hoping Ahsoka wouldn't be holding onto the edge of life.

Anakin sighed. All he wanted was to find his Padawan. Since her arrival on Christophsis, he hadn't been apart from her for more than a few days at most. It was like some part of him was missing. The part that made him a better person. First his mother, and now his little sister. He wouldn't let Ahsoka go that soon though, no matter how much time it took.

" Rex, there's still one more floor."  he cleared his throat, hoping the Captain couldn't hear the pain in his voice, however, it was very clear.

" I'll check the left side General." Rex offered his tired superior officer.

" Right, meet back here if..." he wanted to say when, but there was no guarantee that she would be there, " if you find her." 

Rex gave a quick salute and disappeared out of sight.

Anakin hurried down each hall, busting through all the rooms as fast as he possibly could, while still being thorough. Every time a room was empty, his heart sank. All hope was leaving him. He was ready to give up and comm everyone that the building was clear.

" No!" he heard a faint scream coming from one room he must have missed. 

Anakin sprinted to the sound where the sob came from. He busted down the door and saw a Togruta on the floor with her head in her hands.

" Ahsoka!" he rushed to her, wanting to take the pain way from her. " Ahsoka? I can't believe it, I found you." he stuttered. He stared at his young apprentice that still hadn't acknowledged him.

" Snips?" he tried to pull her hands away from her face. Ahsoka snapped her head up. She had tears in her eyes, when they meet his, he could tell that she was afraid.

" Snips, you're safe now. Come on, let's get you back home." he said softly, coaxing her to take his hand.

" M-Master?" her voice cracked. " P-please, I didn't- I didn't mean to hurt them." she sniffed, turning away from him shielding herself. " Don't punish me, please?!" she cried. " I can't take it anymore."

Anakin's jaw fell open. She was afraid of him. She thought he was going to hurt her. He felt his heart break. Nothing in the whole galaxy would make him strike her. He would rather die than live with the memory of causing her physical pain.

" Ahsoka... I don't know what she showed you, but I would never hurt you. Never, okay?" he said to her, moving slowly towards her.

Ahsoka's breathing was becoming more rapid. She stumbled back, doing everything in her power to get away from him. " No! Please, no!" she shrieked.

With no use of getting close without upsetting her, Anakin withdrew. He hastily commed his Captain.

" Rex, I found her. " he croaked.

" You did? That's great! Is she okay?"  he fired back with concern.

Anakin looked at his Snips, " No... Rex, I need you to come here." 

" I'll be there in a few minutes, General."

Anakin waited for him to come, he stayed some distance from Ahsoka. He found if he gave her space she was less panicked. What did he do? He couldn't think of anything he had done to make her fear him.

Rex came in panting, " General Skywa-?" he stopped mid sentence when he spotted the young girl.

Ahsoka stared at him harshly. " Rex?" she asked like she didn't believe he was standing there. 

" Hey kid. I'm glad to see-" he was almost knocked over by her weight. She wrapped her arms around his torso. He gently patted her back and rubbed her lekku to calm her.

Anakin tried not to feel betrayed. He was jealous that Ahsoka's first instinct was to immediately hug the Captain. His question was still why she was scared of him. 

Rex seemed to notice his General's saddened facial expression. He too was confused by his Commander's reaction.

" Sir?" he asked, hoping for some kind of answer.

Anakin shook his head, " Lets go." was all he said leaving, turning his head, just enough that they didn't see a tear run down his cheek

Sunday treat!

Hey y'all! I'm back, sorry for not updating for a bit. The shows went well. Kinda sad it's over tbh, but also happy that I have more time after school now. 

Updates should be back on regular schedule now, I have a break coming up this week so I'll try to write some more over that too!

 Thanks for all the read and votes guys, I did not expect his account to go anywhere, but here we are, thank you all so much. 

Also, THE BAD BATCH IS COMING OUT SOMETIME IN THE SPRING!!! Idk when exactly, but I can't wait for it.

Love you all💕

-Chopper457🧡💙🤍