Chapter 43

Anakin jumped at the name. She hadn't called him that in a long time. " Ahsoka?" he almost questioned whether or not what she said was real.

Ahsoka just gave him a small smile. He didn't know that he was hugging her until he felt her shaking.

" Ahsoka? What's wrong?" he immediately stepped away from her. He didn't want things to go back to the way they had been going.

" No no, it's not that-I just...I can't believe I did that to you." she spoke softly, trying to keep herself together. Maybe she felt great in the moment, but now that feeling was replaced once she came back to reality; all the terrible things she had done to the person who had took her under his wing and raised her. She had shunned him out of her life as a thank you for saving her from a nightmare. 

" What beat me?" Anakin joked in hopes of lightening the mood. He decided not to press on though when he saw that her facial expression didn't change. 

" I completely avoided you. I was too stupid to see it was all a trick. I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad." 

Anakin put both hands on his Padawan's shoulders. " Snips, it's okay, I'm just glad to have you back...for real this time." he said sincerely.

" I-I don't know what to say." she stammered. " I thought you would be mad." she admitted, staring down at floor.

" I could never be mad at you Ahsoka. Not for something like this. Being mad was the last thing on my mind. You worried me. I thought I lost you forever." the words got caught in his mouth. He hated how that was ever a possibility. Ever since he had bonded with her, he couldn't imagine a life without his Snips.

" I'm sorry for worrying you." she said quietly, feeling ashamed to have brought such feelings to her Master. She wasn't worth being concerned over like that.

" Stop apologizing, you have nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't your fault that Akorra messed with your mind." Anakin told his young apprentice. He mostly blamed himself for not being able to get to her sooner. If he had, then she wouldn't have been put through any of this. 

Ahsoka could feel his stress between their bond. She knew it was because of her. She was causing him pain that he didn't deserve. " Thank you Master for bringing me back and for the training." she distanced herself from him. " I think I'll be going back to bed now." 

Anakin watched as she ran out of the room. He didn't understand. He just got her back and now it was like she was gone again. She was scared of him, but not in the way she had been before.

He did the only thing he could do, which was chase after her. He wasn't going to stop until she was okay. No matter how long it took, he was willing to do anything to get his little sister back.