Chapter 38

Ahsoka woke up in an uncomfortable position. Her arms felt like weights when she tried to move them, though it was really her whole body. She hadn't even remembered falling asleep. She wished that she had woken up in her quarters, the Resolute, anywhere but the dark grey corroded walls around her.

She glanced down at her hands. They were covered in blood. Her blood. Ahsoka bit her lip. She was ashamed of what she had done. She was feeling more weak than ever. Her forearms were raw and irritated from the metal that she had previously used to cut. It was sickening to her.

" Hello?" she stammered, calling out to anyone that could possibly be there.

" Ahsoka!" her montrals perked up. That voice...could it be? She forced herself to her aching feet and trudged into the open halls.

" Anakin!"her throat was sore, but she managed to hoarsely yell the name of her Master.

" Ahsoka!" it echoed. Ahsoka quickened her pace, following the sound of her brother's voice. At the end of the corridor was a silhouette of a man wearing robes.

" Snips, I finally found you!" the figure came closer to her, until it was clear who it was.

" Oh Master! You came! I thought you forgot about me or that you wouldn't want to find me!" the girl sobbed into his tunic. " I am so sorry Master. I can't even tell you how much I missed you and the men."

" I know Snips. You have no idea how worried I was about you." he smiled down at her. Ahsoka backed away from him and took a better look at his face. There was something different about him.

" What?" the brown haired man laughed, giving his Padawan a smirk.

" Nothing... you just look different, that's all." she stated. " Master, how did you find me?"

" What do you mean Ahsoka? We have a force bond, remember." he tapped his own head.

Ahsoka looked down at her ankle where the force binder was still snug around it.

" Where are the men?" she asked not looking up at him.

She could sense even without the force that Anakin's posture changed. He stood straighter, now towering above her in a threatening way.

" They're dead. One of the warehouses we checked looking for you was a trap. They're dead because of you Ahsoka Tano!" Anakin growled. " All because you decided to runaway from your problems. You were never their Commander. I wish you were never assigned to me, then my life would have been so much easier!" he shouted.

Ahsoka lifted her head up. Anakin's gentle eyes were now hardened. They blue iris they both shared were gone and in place was golden yellow, glaring at her. She knew something was a miss from the start. His scar wasn't on the right side of his eye. It was on the left, along with his hair parted the other way, but he seemed so real. His words seemed real. Perhaps they were.

" You're not Anakin." she whispered, trying to make herself believe it.

" I hate you Ahsoka. You were my greatest failure." he said before vanishing, leaving her to grasp everything that had just happened.

Hey y'all! Happy Wednesday!

I have a question for everyone. Do you prefer these short chapters? I try and make them 500 words or more, but are they too short? What are y'all opinions. Would you like them longer?

Love,

-Chopper457 🧡💙🤍