Chapter 17

" What are you doing here." the Togruta asked.

Anakin nor the clones responded. The woman showed an overwhelming resemblance to Ahsoka. From her facial markings to her lekku, it was all to similar.

" Who are you?" Anakin ignored her question.

" My name is Akora Tano."

Anakin stepped backwards at her words. " You-your..."

Akora walked around the room passing by her prisoners. Anakin had especially caught her eye mainly because he was the only human who looked different from the rest. " Are you her master?" She asked looking hard at Anakin.

Anakin said nothing. The only thing running through his mind was Ahsoka. Was she safe? Is she alright? Where is she? Anakin didn't realize that the woman was talking to her.

" I said are you her master!" Akora shouted, her heavy accent showing through.

" Sir." Jesse got Anakin's attention, pointing to the angry Togruta.

" Ahsoka." he whispered.

Akora glared at him. " Don't mention my daughter's name. You don't deserve the right to." she snarled.

Anakin finally came back to reality,  " You're Ahsoka's mother? Why are you doing this-what have you done with Ahsoka!" he shouted, wanting answers.

" You don't listen well do you. Call her by name again and I will personally slit your throat." she growled menacingly. Anakin couldn't tell if she was bluffing or not, but decided to play by her terms for the meantime. He still didn't know if she had Ahsoka or not.

" Where is my Padawan." Anakin demanded getting angrier by the second.

" I'll take it that you are. Good. She'll come for you then. The bond between a master and apprentice is very strong, isn't it?" 

" Don't you dare harm her." Anakin threatened. 

Akora threw her head back and laughed, " I don't intend to hurt my daughter. I need her alive. She is the key to my success."

" Success to what." Fives interjected feeling like he need to protect his commander.

" I wouldn't expect you to understand clone. Now if you will excuse me, I need to prepare for a long awaited meeting."  she left them alone again. They heard a ray shield activate as her steps echoed threw the stairwell.

" Sir?"

Anakin looked over at his troops who were equally as worried as him.

" Yeah Rex?"

" She had a lightsaber and it wasn't yours." Rex quietly said knowing what it possibly meant.

" She had what?" Anakin grew more panicked. If she was a fallen Jedi then it could be more than just a family affair. " We need to get out of here and find..." he could feel stress,fear, panic and uneasiness coming through his and Ahsoka's force bond. 

Anakin sent her reassurance through the bond

Ahsoka, it okay, i'm here. Everything is going to be alright. 

Master! Ahsoka's voice called out to him sounding relieved.

Master, where are you. Are you okay. They took Rex.

I'm fine Snips. So are Rex, Jesse, Fives and Kix. I want you to listen to me, don't coming looking for us. Go back to the ship and set route back to Coruscant. Tell Obi Wan to send reinforcements.

Master, whats wrong.

Snips just trust me on this one.

Ahsoka didn't respond for a minute. 

Ahsoka, did you hear me?

I don't want to leave you Master.

I know you don't, but your gonna have to. I promise Ahsoka, we'll come back.

Yes Master. 

Anakin sighed

Be careful Snips. I can't lose you. he added silently to himself.