Chapter 13

Ahsoka ripped her glove back and placed it back on to cover the marks. She became more frantic as every second went by with Anakin not saying a word. The only sound she could hear was her own breathing.

" Master?" she murmured tired of waiting for his response. 

" I-Ahso...why?" he stuttered trying to wrap his head around what he had just saw on his padawan's arm. He cleared his mind for a moment to ask her the question again.

" Ahsoka, why did you harm yourself?" Anakin begged to know the answer.

Ahsoka decided to lie again even though there was really no point.

" I got them from the battle field." She squirmed eyeing the door for the perfect chance to flee from the awkward conversation that they were about to have.

" Ahsoka those are clearly numbers. I know you didn't get them from battle." Anakin sat down in the other chair next to the passenger seat facing Ahsoka.

Ahsoka refused to look at him.

" Anakin...I can't tell you." she stared hard at the ground.

" Snips, I want to help you." he said once again coaxing her to open up. 

Ahsoka finally snapped.

" You CAN'T help me Master! Okay-  I can't do anything right. Today I failed what was supposed to be a simple mission. Because of me Governor Roshti is dead, Rex almost died, and I put Fives in an impossible situation!" she stood up yelling on the verge of tears.

Anakin listened intensively wanting to hug her and tell her that everything was okay, but he chose to let her get everything out. " But that's not the reason you did it."

A tear slipped down her cheek by accident. " I thought that..."

She paused; her face heating up.

" Its's okay Snips, I won't judge you." he told her gently.

Ahsoka swallowed hard to suppress her fear.

" I-I needed to be in control of something. I guess I wanted to finally do something right." Ahsoka's voice started to shake as she finished her confession.

Anakin sat in silence for a moment letting all of her words sink in.

" Why didn't you tell me?" he asked with a melancholy expression on his face. 

" I thought that you would be ashamed to call me your padawan. I didn't want you to ditch me for not being strong enough." Ahsoka broke down crying.

Anakin opened his arms for her to come into an embrace. He held her tight hearing every sob coming from the quivering young girl. He rocked her back and forth which seemed to have calmed her down.

"Shhhshhhhh, i'm right here." he hushed.

" I will never be ashamed to call you my padawan Snips. Never forget that." he whispered ever so softly,  " Never."  

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a good day!

Love all of you💕

-Chopper457 🧡💙🤍