Chapter 24

The Resolute had entered Coruscant's atmosphere. Ahsoka waited with beside Anakin as they landed. Her nerves were beginning to spike again.

" Are you feeling okay Snips?" Anakin asked. He could feel her stress and nervousness through their bond. 

Ahsoka quickly recomposed herself, " Yeah, I'm fine...just fine." she added the last part so quietly that Anakin hadn't noticed. They walked out of the ship. Anakin caught up with Obi Wan to discuss some mission details. Ahsoka crossed her arms around herself and started to head towards the temple.

" Commander! Wait!" she saw Rex and Jesse running towards her.

Run, they don't care about you! 

Ahsoka tensed as they now stood right in front of her. Ever since Fives, she was scared to be around any trooper. 

" Rex, Jesse." she addressed them carefully.

" How are you doing?" Jesse asked with a concerned tone.

" I'm fine." Ahsoka returned, trying not to let the fear in her words show through.

" With all due respect Commander, you don't seem too good. Fives's death hit all of us hard. Its okay to be upset." Rex placed a hand on her shoulder. She shuttered at the touch. For a brief moment, she thought that he would hit her or something. She mentally beat herself up for even thinking he would ever do that. None of her brothers would hurt her, even if she thought she deserved it.

Ahsoka wanted to break down and tell them how guilty she felt. She wanted to cry and have them comfort her. After all they were her brothers, she was supposed to be able to tell them anything.

" I said I'm fine." it was as if someone else had taken control over her mouth.

No, I'm not fine. Please help me.

" I have to go." she felt her feet turn and continue her way to the temple, leaving her vode staring after her.

She quickened her pace until she reached the safety of her quarters. A while later the sound of a door closed, meaning Anakin was there. Ahsoka sat on the floor with her back against her bed.

" Ahsoka?" Anakin lightly tapped on her door.

" Not now Master." 

" Please Ahsoka, we need to talk." he begged.

" Tomorrow." she said a bit to coldly even for her liking. She heard him sigh and leave

Great, now you've hurt Anakin.

" I'm sorry." she whispered.

 Ahsoka got up and packed a few of her belongings in a small bag. She didn't have a lot of credits, but would be enough to last her for maybe two weeks. She threw in some rations, one of her sabers and a holocard. She took off her normal comm and switched it with her private one that no one knew about.

It was now late. Anakin had gone to bed or had gone to see Padme, she never knew which one, but the only thing that mattered was that he wasn't there. She turned off her light and locked her door from the outside.

" I'll miss you Skyguy, but I'm tired of being a screw up." before she left their quarters she placed a holocube in the center of the table in his bedroom. If he found it, then maybe he would understand.

The halls were eerie at night. Any footsteps echoed through them. She made it to the large stairs that lead down into the world outside the temple, one she didn't really know of. 

This is for the best, you won't be a burden to them.

" I hope so." and with that she was off.