shout out to the old me.

old me 5 seconds of summer + c
"had to fuck it up before i really got to know me."

"theyre doing so good," i whispered to the man beside me.

"oh yeah. theyre killing it for their first big show," harry whispered back.

"i cant believe they finally made it," i said running a hand through my hair in disbelief.

"you always knew they would," louis said from my other side.

"they only made it cause you believed in them," niall added in.

"nah," i said shaking my head. "they could have done this all without me."

eight months had passed since my mom finally agreed to let me stay in aussie.

i went home that night and she was a different person, like she didnt want to lose me again. thats why she was sitting in the front row tonight.

five seconds of summer was the opening act for one direction across aussie, new zeland, europe, asia, and america on the take me home tour.

and for their first show in front of a crowd this huge, they were settling right in.

we graduated five months ago, all of us officially moving on to bigger better things.

we spent our summer writing, day in day out. we had a whole record ready by the time we set off for tour. they already had companies jumping on it to release later this year.

ash and i spent every moment we could together. we were inseparable. everyone we met said you couldnt meet one of us without the other, that we were the kind of love others aspired to have.

we spent the time we werent writing living the last of our teenage years before the boys made it big. we listened to music too loud and partied to hard. we swam in our clothes and hit golf balls off the roof of our cars. we drank til we couldnt see straight and danced til we couldnt move. we made stupid decisions and regretted them later. we swam under the stars and loved with our all.

we lived with less what ifs and more oh wells.

we lived like tomorrow wasnt given.

but now we were in our tomorrow; we were playing sold out stadiums to almost 100,000 people, playing them the song we wrote back in lukes bedroom is aussie.

theyd released their first set of singles a couple months before we left for tour, hitting the charts in all the countries we were set to visit with she looks so perfect.

a couple of ash and is songs were on that ep. the only reason made it on that record. it didnt gain as much traction but it was one of those fine lines. ya know?

it was a song only we understood, but i liked it that way.

disconnected and wherever you are made the b-side track, becoming fan favorites off that side.

i spent every night backstage, listening and watching as my family left their hearts out on that stage.

i got to watch as luke became confident in who he was. he was scared of the power his voice carried at first, but he was finally growing comfortable. i just couldnt wait to hear who he would become years from now.

i witnesses as calum realized how different his voice was, and from that how amazing of a sound he could form from it. he was always shy about how he sounded as his range was always higher, but he was finally learning how to use it properly. hes going to be so much more than he knows.