six.

505 arctic monkeys
"i crumble completely when you cry."

ashton led me out to his car quietly. i think the late hour of night was beginning to kick in for the both of us.

he walked beside me until we reached his car, where he reached forward to open my door for me, holding it for me as i got in.

it was kinda funny the way ashton was. we had only been around each other for a couple of days but he treated me like we had been together for years.

and i couldnt figure out why.

i began pulling my seatbelt over my shoulder and ash waited to start the car til it clicked. i watched him press play on the radio as the sound of music filled the car.

i didnt know the first couple songs that played as he drove me home quietly, music being the only sound filling the car.

until i heard the opening cords to 505 by artic monkeys. i let out a slight gasp as my favorite song began playing.

ash must of heard me as he looked over to see my smile and my mouth moving to the lyrics, "you know this one, yellow?"

i couldnt help but smile at the look of excitement on ashtons face.

"yeah, i do," i told him as i continued to sing below my breath.

he reached over and turned up the dial on the radio, "sing it!"

"absolutely not," i told him.

he pointed to his ears as the music grew in sound in the car, "i cant hear you what you said. sing it!"

i started very quietly singing the first prechorus, "stop and wait a sec."

"when you look at me like that my darling," i heard ashton sing to me above the music. i looked over to see him staring at me between glances to the road as he urged me to sing the next part with him.

"what did you expect!" i sang out with him.

"id probably still adore you with my hands around my neck," i continued as i began to move my hands up to neck.

running my hands through my hair, my eyes wandered back over to ashs, "or i did last time i checked."

a smirk played across his face. he seemed proud that i wasnt scared but also intrigued as to why i sang the lyrics the way i did.

he continued to sing with me.

"not shy of a spark. a knife twists at the thought that i should fall short of the mark. frightened by the bite though its no harsher than the bark. middle of adventure, such a perfect place to start."

my eyes continued to wonder throughout the car as ashton tried to keep his focus on the road, and not on me.

"im going back to 505. if its a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive," i watched as ashtons lips moved as he sang the lyrics. his voice was so beautiful, it almost drowned out the overarching bass throughout the car.

he quickly pulled me from me trance as he looked over to me and continued to sing with me, "in my imagination youre waiting, lying on your side. with your hands between your thighs."