five.

daddy issues the neighbourhood
"cause i know that you got daddy issues, and i do too."

ashton introduced me to a couple more people, im guessing from the soccer team, but we spent most of the night around calum, luke, and mikey.

after we all talked for a bit, ashton grabbed me by the hand and led me into the kitchen with all the drinks. he grabbed two red solo cups and handed one to me.

"do you want to cross off drinking tonight too, or ease into it, ya think?" he asked.

"no alcohol for me," i told him. "remember nothing illegal."

"well," he said filling his cups with a clear liquid from the nozzle off one of the large containers. "its only illegal if you get caught, yellow," he finished with a cocky smile.

"no thanks," i told him. "not tonight anyways."

he just nodded his head, accepting my answer whole heartedly, "so whats your favorite flavor? strawberry or watermelon?"

"for what?" i asked.

"just answer me," he pleaded.

"fine, strawberry," i told him.

he hadnt dropped my hand this entire time we messed with drinks. he was truly taking this keeping me safe seriously.

its fine by me.

ashton led me through a random door into a garage. he shut the door behind me and the music that filled the house became a faint thing of the past.

he let go of my hand as he walked through the garage. i stood by the door, wrapping his flannel tighter around me to try to stay warm.

"what are you looking for?" i asked him as my voice echoed through the half full six car garage.

he was bent over in a fridge on the other side of the garage, "well," he said standing up and moving to the other fridge beside the one he was just in, "luke used to keep sparkling ices out here for his ex before she broke his heart and i doubted he touched them since."

he was still shuffling through the fridge, "ah, here." he stood up and walked back over to me, holding out the bottle of strawberry sparkling ice water.

"so its just water?" i asked, a concerned look on my face.

"of course, yellow," he replied. "you said you didnt want to drink. its just carbonated water."

"oh," i felt my smile growing. "thank you."

"of course," he said reaching up to grab the cup he set down. "oh also, just keep it in that bottle. you can keep the lid on it. makes it harder to spike."

he opened the door for me and closed it behind us. but then he held out his hand for me to take again. i couldnt stop the smile that was growing on my face. i laced my fingers between his as he lead our way back out into the party.

we walked aimlessly in search of whoever ashton was trying to find until he finally gave up. we were standing on the dance floor created in the middle of lukes living room.

ashton finally looked down at me and shrugged his shoulders, knowing whoever he was in search of was a lost cause. then i watched a smirk play on his lips.

he leaned down so i could hear over the music and whispered in my ear, "wanna dance?"

he started moving his hand that still carried mine, causing our arms to being to sway with the music.

i look up to him and mouthed, "i cant dance."

"everyone can," he mouthed back.

the song that was playing died down as "daddy issues" by the neighbourhood started up.