nineteen.

the only reason 5 seconds of summer
"youre the reason, the only reason."

"okay, yellow," he said to me, turning down the radio. "were here."

i took a deep breath, looking at the house.

id spent all day trying to block it out everything that happened last night, attempting to erase it from my memory.

but pulling back up to the same house it happened at made it difficult.

"you promise youll tell me if its too much for you, right?" he said reaching over to place his hand on mine.

"of course," i whispered to him as i turned to look away from the house. "but ill be fine. i promise."

"ill be there the whole time, okay?" he told me quietly.

it made me smile. even after i spent the whole day pretending it never happened, he was still ready to be there for me if i needed him.

"thank you," i told him.

he nodded to me as he jumped out of the car, coming around to my side to hold my door and help me out.

"clairo!" i heard calum yell as i hoped out of ashtons jeep, using his hand to jump down.

"calum!" i called back, watching him walk around the front of his car.

"mikey!" we all turned around looking for where the voice was coming from and landed on michael himself.

"yay its mikey!" i called back as he walked across the street.

"look at us all, actually getting here on time," mikey said joining our group.

"yeah, i think we have clairo to thank for ash actually being here on time," calum said.

"actually he got us here on time," i said.

"really?" mikey asked surprised.

"i didnt want her to miss any of your shenanigans," ash told the guys.

"its okay, ash," calum said as he began walking up the sidewalk. "you can admit shes changing you."

i watched ashton roll his eyes.

"i wish he wasnt right," ashton said as he reached for my hand.

i laughed a little at what ashton said and he smiled to me at the sound of it. we followed behind calum and mikey and listened in to their conversation.

"i just hope he got the sauce," i heard mikey say.

"wait, mate, is it balsamic?" calum asked.

"no," mikey responded utterly confused.

"how would that make a difference?" ash spoke up from beside me.

"okay, you know what," calum said as he pushed open the front door.

"what up, fuckers?" mikey yelled as he walked in the door.

we followed in behind when i saw luke get up off the couch.

"what the hell mate?" luke whispered-screamed to mikey. "my parents are home."

"sorry mrs and mr hemmings!" mikey called through the house. "i was talking about your son."

"we know mikey," i heard a woman call back.

"love you guys!" mikey called back.

"love you too mikey," a man called back.