twenty three.

girls talk boys 5 seconds of summer
"i know were young and people change, and we may never feel the same. so baby tell me what you say."

i fell asleep that night wrapped in ashtons arms.

cause as soon as i needed him, he was there.

and we stayed like that til i woke up the next morning to my moms voice.

as soon as i heard it, i knew she was home for her trip. i heard her call through the house, "clairo! im home."

i shot up in bed, ashton still asleep beside me. i shook him awake quickly. his first reaction was to ask me "what" but i quickly shut him up by covering his mouth with my hand.

"my moms home, you gotta go," i whispered screamed to him.

"oh shit," he said rushing out of my bed. "can i go out the door or is she out there?" he whispered back to me.

"no, shes out there somewhere," i said trying to figure out how to get rid of him.

"the window!" i pointed towards it.

"im not crawling out your window, clairo," he huffed to me as he grabbed his keys and phone.

"yeah, you are," i said pushing him towards it.

"theres a bush right there!" he said pointing out the window.

"itll soften your landing," i told him, opening the window.

"clairo, are you up?" i heard my mom call from the living room, her voice growing louder as she walked back towards my room.

"yeah mom!" i called back, hoping it would halt her movements. "im coming, just one sec."

"go!" i told ashton as i walked towards my door, getting ready to stall my mom as he got out.

"wow, nice seeing ya too, yellow," he said sarcastically as he started putting a foot out the window.

i huffed as i walked back across the room to the window he was sitting half out of. i stopped beside him.

"thank you for coming last night, and im about to go lie to my moms face so i hope that proves me enough," i told him.

he was getting a kick out of this. his dimples were more visible than ever.

"you know, ive never had to sneak out a girls window," he told me, still smiling.

"well, now you have," i said back. i leaned down, giving him a quick kiss, "now get to it."

i ran back across the room to my door, looking back one last time to see ashton slipping the rest of the way out.

i opened my door and took a step out, seeing my mom just a few steps away from my door.

"mom!" i smiled as i saw her.

"clairo!" she called back as she walked towards me and wrapped me into a hug. "oh, i missed you."

"me too. i didnt have anything to do without you here," i lied to her.

"aww, well, i hope you made the best of it," she said as she let me go.

"oh, i sure tried," i said as i started walking towards the living room, hoping to be able to see out the window to see if ashton got away yet.

i saw his black jeep just starting to pull away, a huge smile on his face.

i let out a breath i didnt even realize i was holding.