thirteen.

falling harry styles
"what am i now? what if im someone i dont want around."

"polaris!" i heard a familiar voice call.

our code word.

i ran out of the kitchen as soon as the words registered in my brain. i rounded the corner back the hallway to find clairo when my eyes landed on it.

he was all over her. his hands in places i knew damn well she didnt want. his lips all over her body.

i dont honestly remember what happened. as soon as i saw him hurting her, i was pissed.

and when i heard her try to fight him off and he still didnt listen, i saw red.

"what the fuck are you doing, murphy?" i yelled down the hallway as i picked up my pace towards them.

murphy pulled back for a short moment. "oh piss off ashton, she doesnt even want-"

his sentence was quickly cut short by me physically throwing him off of her, and then connecting my first straight to his face.

i didnt get many punches in before i felt a person on each of my arms pulling me off of him.

red was all i could see. i tried so hard to fight back to get to him again.

"let me go," i told them, turning around to see it was luke and calum holding me back.

i looked up and saw michael throwing murphy back down the hallway away from me.

luke and calum pushed me the whole way back into the kitchen before they let me go, blocking the doorway back to murphy.

"what the fuck happened?" luke yelled at me.

"he was all over her and she was yelling at him to stop but it only egged him on more. i just had to get him the fuck off of her," i yelled back pacing the kitchen.

shit.

clairo.

"fuck," i yelled. "yellow."

i started trying to push back through luke and calum.

"what?" calum yelled at me.

"clairo!" i yelled back, finally breaking through them.

i ran down the hallway to where she was curled up.

she had her back against the wall, her knees to her chest and arms wrapped around them. her face was dug into her knees, trying to hide from the world around her.

"yellow," i whispered as i got close.

she lifted her head from her knees when she heard my voice. her face was covered in tears, her neck in hickeys she didnt want.

"yellow," i reached out to wipe her tears. "im so sorry."

she jumped at my touch, obviously still shaken up. i pulled my hand back as soon as she reacted.

i refused to let myself cry. no matter how much this hurt me right now, i would stay strong.

for her.

"clairo," i tried. "its me."

she nodded, knowing i was there.

"im not gonna hurt you, okay?" i tried to explain to her.

she nodded again.

she understood it was me, and that i wouldnt hurt her, but everytime i touched her she still jumped like i was murphy.