twenty five.

this town niall horan
"if the whole world was watching, id still dance with you, drive high ways and biways to be there with you."

after the boys helped me set the table, they helped my mom carry over the dishes she prepared.

they sat at the table, ash and michael one side, luke and calum on the other with my
mom and me at the ends.

it was cute watching them all. i wouldnt say they were sucking up, just trying their best to put their best foot forward.

ashton was the nicest, which was surprising knowing how he usually was around the boys, but he wanted to do everything he could to make my mom like him.

i think she fell in love with calum the most though. i didnt blame her. he was a natural sweetheart like that.

after she spent almost an hour talking to them at dinner, they seemed to grow on her.

she asked them about their band since i let that slip and they talked to her about it for the longest time.

she actually seemed interested. she listened to them talk about how they wrote songs, how the band came to be, about how i helped write that one song last week.

she really liked them.

and the whole night had gone smoothly until she broke out the rule.

"so which one of you is planning on breaking our no boys rule?"

every single one of us choked on air.

"mom!" i whispered-screamed at her.

"what? im curious!" she said defending herself. "no way you can spend all this time with 4 guys and not a single one of them wanting to be with you."

"mom!" i yelled at her again.

"actually no, mrs evans," luke spoke up.

"as soon as ashton brought her around, we all made a pact," mikey explained.

"clairo is off limits," calum continued

"that way we can keep her safe. if shes off limits, we cant lose her," ashton finished for the group.

i raised an eyebrow at my mom.

even knowing damn well it was a lie, at least it added some proof towards the whole im safer with them spiel.

"so none of you want to get with her?" my mom continued looking around the table.

all the boys started shaking their heads to her.

calum finally spoke up, "clairos like family to us, and we love her like she is."

"with our pact, shes safe, from all of us and the world," luke explained to her.

"what do you mean safe from you guys and the world?" my mom pushed.

at this point, i had my head buried in my arms, praying she would stop talking soon.

until ash eased all my anxiety.

"shes safe from any pain from us since none of us are allowed near her heart and shes safe from the world cause no one else will ever get close enough to touch her heart with us around."

she took a long pause, digesting what ashton had told her.

"i like these ones," my mom said pointing to the boys as i raised my head from the table.

all the boys smiled at her comment, and just like usual, i ended up smiling too.

cause their happiness is contagious like that.