forty six.

for my spotify users, this song is not repeated in your playlist. you will have to queue it youself!

yellow coldplay
"you know for you id bleed myself dry."

"yellow?" i whispered below my breath as i wrapped my arms tighter around myself, watching as he stood on the edge.

i was too scared to say anything too loud as to scare him off the edge, but i was too scared to be too quiet that he wouldnt get down.

"yellow," i whispered again a little louder as i got closer.

i watched him spin around on the edge to look at me, causing me to jump forward as he wobbled in the wind.

i could see the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"i didnt think you were coming," he whispered back in a shaken voice. "god, how have you managed to show up at perfect timing twice now."

"ash, please let me explain," i pleaded with him as he stood on the edge.

"explain what? you didnt speak to me for two weeks. you gave up on us," he said back. i could hear he had lost all trust in me through his voice.

"no, ash, i did not give up on us!" i raised my voice towards him.

"then what the hell did you do?" he said throwing his hands up in the air. i jumped towards him as the worst part of my mind slipped forward, fearing he was going to fall. "you told me you didnt love me and you gave up."

"yellow, 1:40. you know, you know i love you so. you know i love you so," i began quoting our song, hoping to prove to him that i did love him and i didnt give up. "3:03, you know, for you id bleed myself dry. for you id bleed myself dry."

i tried to pleaded with him through my eyes as i watched him wobble on the edge. i slowly walked towards him, trying to reach out for him.

"yellow," i caught his attention as i used our nickname. "i love you so."

i watched him shake his head as he tried to avoid looking back to me.

"and i would bleed myself dry for you, ashton," i continued to him, finally catching his glance.

i continued walking closer to him until i met him along side the edge. i held out my hand, asking him to give me his.

he contemplated his options one more time, looking from the edge back to my eyes.

i mouthed the word "please" to him. he placed his hand in mine, jumping down onto my level.

i immediately pulled him into a hug, pulling myself back into the familiar arms i loved.

"im so sorry, ashton," i told him as i dug my head farther into his chest. the smell of apples and mint began to soothe me.

he leaned down to me, kissing the top of my head.

"im so sorry," i said again as i began to tear up.

"why didnt you try to get to me, clairo?" ashton asked from above me as i pulled back from him.

i held onto his hand as i sat on the ground, using the wall for support. ash slowly sat down beside me.