thirty five.

i wanna be yours arctic monkeys
"maybe i just want to be yours."

the next week was way more stressful then it should have been. but it was play offs week and i swear every teacher thought it was test week too.

every test i took, my knee was bouncing. my nerves were only growing as the game grew closer and i wasnt even playing.

i could only imagine what was running through the boys' heads as they took these tests.

thankfully by the time we got to history, our teacher decided to just play a movie. i think he was a soccer fan since most history teachers are.

luke, mikey, me, and a couple other team members just sat in the back going over plays from the playbooks coach gave me to memorize. our teacher didnt seem to care honestly. it was history class anyways.

once the bell rang, luke walked with me to art.

"how are you feeling about today?" i asked luke as we walked up the stairs to the art wing.

"god, clairo," he said running a hand through his hair. "the team were playing is really good."

"yeah, but so are you guys," i said bumping into him to get his attention.

"we got a lot better since you joined, you know that?" luke said looking over to me. "ashton plays better with you there so everyone else does too."

"really?" i asked as we reached the top step.

"oh yeah," luke nodded. "he plays for you and from that he plays better. and all the team goes off his energy so were all just better."

"youre crazy. hes just a good player. he doesnt play for me," i shook my head as i approached my class.

"wanna put money on it? he does," luke said as i got to my class.

"youre insane," i shook my head as i walked through the door. "see ya."

"bye, clairo," he called as i walked into art and over to ashton and is seat.

he was already in his seat, waiting for me. "hey, yellow," he said as i sat down.

"hello," i said, my nerves melting away in his presence.

"how was history?" he asked as i dug out my sketch book.

"we went over plays for tonight. the boys are really nervous," i explained setting my stuff on the desk.

"i think we all are. if we win this were district champs," he told me. "our schools never actually won it before. theyve made it to the game but mever won. we could be the first."

"you guys have got this. ill be there to cheer you the whole way," i assured him.

"okay class!" the teacher cut off our conversation. "its a friday so its a free draw day. just draw something that carries a lot of meaning to you. have fun!"

my mind blanked as i listened to the prompt. what was i supposed to draw?

i looked over to ashton as he started flipping open his sketch book to a page that already had been started.

"what are you drawing?" i asked as he started adding to it.

"no peaking!" he said covering his sketch pad.

"i wasnt peeking!" i defended looking away. "i just dont know what to draw."

"something important to you," he said simply.

well. ashtons important to me. but i cant draw people. so the stars. polaris. yellow?

yeah, i could draw the cover art to yellow.