twenty four.

love someone lukas graham
"you probably never loved someone like i do."

i swear, everyday until thursday drug on like it was never gonna end.

with as many questions as they were asking, i was ready to back out.

first they had to know what time it was at, which i mean was a justified questions, but after the other 80, it just started driving me up a wall.

mikey had to know what food it was to know if it was actually worth coming too.

calum needed to know where i lived for him to show up to.

luke needed to know what he was supposed to say.

ashton wanted to know what to wear.

by the time they were texting me by thursday night, i could have hit them all.

there hit one point that my phone wouldnt stop buzzing on the counter while i was peeling potatoes that i finally picked it up without even reading the messages and simply told them

5 seconds to mars plus c

clairo
idc wtf you guys do at this point
but im peeling potatoes so shut up

i looked back after i finished peeling potatoes to realize it was actually them trying to figure out where my house was and not just bothering me.

5 seconds to mars plus c

clairo
omg im sorry those potatos
were really pissing me off.

luke
youre fine

calum
were almost here
well luke and me

ashton
im training mikey real quick
it wont be long.

i set down my phone and looked over to my mom, who was still cooking away in the kitchen, even after my screaming match with the potatoes.

"theyre almost here," i told her.

"well im not quite done cooking so theyre gonna have to wait," she said back.

i could tell she still wasnt a fan of this whole idea. neither was I but if it was the only way to get her to trust me, so be it.

"im sure they will," i whispered back. i pretty well had them trained at this point.

at least the two easiest were getting here first.

my phone buzzed.

5 seconds to mars plus c

calum
were here. i think?

clairo
ill be out

"theyre out front," i announced as i walked over to the door.

i slowly opened it, listening to luke and calum come up the sidewalk.

"okay, no way this is the right one. she said shed come out," calum told luke, looking around to the other houses for me.

"bro, i can read house numbers. youre fine," luke told him, trying to get him to relax.

"and what if its not her house and we walk up there and make a fool out of ourselves?" calum asked, halting his movements in the center of the sidewalk. "what then?"