eight.

lie to me 5 second of summer
"but if i ask you if you love me, i hope you lie to me."

it was a little over a week later when ash texted me.

ash
be ready in 10

we texted every other minute of the day but he never just up and arrived at my house.

i jumped up out of bed and ran to my closet in search of something to wear. i threw on a pair of ripped jean shorts and a band tee when i heard my phone buzz again.

ash
okay, im here. but take your time. you still have 5 minutes.

claire
ill be out in a minute.

i grabbed my phone and my keys as i walked over to the mirror. i ran my fingers through my hair trying to calm it before giving up and throwing it into a pony tail.

i headed out my room and down the stairs to be greeted with my mom lovely mother like always, "where are you going?"

"to hang out with friends mom," i said slipping on sandals. "i have made some."

"okay, well when do i get to meet them? i want to know who your spending so much time with," she said sternly placing her hand on her hip.

"i dont know mom," i said opening the door. "whenever they want to."

i walked out the door before she could question me father and headed towards ashs car.

of course, he was waiting by my door to open it. but that gives my mom complete view of who im with.

"get in the car before my mom sees you," i whisper-scream down the sidewalk.

as i continue to walk down the path, he opens my door and leaves it as he runs to the other side of the car.

"your chivalry is gonna get me caught one of these times," i tell him as i buckle in.

"well, at least ill get caught respectably," he tells me as he starts the engine, starting away from my house.

after a few minutes of me not saying anything, ashton asked, "well arent you going to ask what were doing today?"

"its always a surprise anyways," i told him. "and im starting to like them anyways."

"im glad to hear it."

the car ride was filled with small conversations. he would ask me about my day and listen in full to whatever random stuff i would tell him about. he would ask me what i did last night and i would ramble about the movie i watched and hed sit and listen to every word i said.

he was just supposed to be teaching me how to live.

—-

when we got to where ever he was taking me, i was completely lost as to where i was. but i didnt want to ruin his surprise, so i kept quiet.

"you ready, yellow?" he asked as he opened my door for me, holding out a hand to help me down.

"of course," i said as my feet touched the ground. "teach me how to live."