six

It was already late when I heard the front door. I was alone the during the evening. Melissa was still at the hospital and Scott never came back home after the lacrosse training. I thought that he had gone to see Kira, so I it didn't concern me to be alone. But once I heard the heartbeats and the mumbles, I left my bedroom to go and take a look at whatever was going on. And what I saw really freaked me out. Scott was carrying a young boy who was half conscious up the stairs in his arms. Blood was running down his arm and Scott was also covered in it.

"What the hell is going on, Scott?" I asked him as I followed him into his room. Scott carried the boy over to his bathroom and carefully placed him into the bathtub.

"Can you do me a favor and get the duct tape from the kitchen?"

"Duct tape? For what?" I exclaimed with my eyes widened.

"I'll explain. But go and get it first before he's coming back to his senses soon!"

I nodded and sprinted down the stairs, trying not to think about the boy or what Scott did to him, but as I was on my way upstairs, I heard the boy shouting at Scott to let him go. So I ran into the bathroom and handed Scott the duct tape. He put it over the boys mouth first and then tied him up so he couldn't move anymore.

"Scott!" I shouted at him to get his attention once he was finished. "What the hell is going on?!"

"I bit him."

"YOU WHAT?!" I shouted even louder, but Scott but his hand over my mouth.

"I bit him by accident. And now I don't know what to do."

"Yeah well, you better try and think of sometime quick, because now we have a teenage boy, tied up in our house. Who is he by the way?" I told him and crossed my arms.

"His name is Liam. He's a freshman and new at school. I ... um ... I hurt him during lacrosse and brought him to the hospital. And um, there was this boy who was brought in because his family got murdered last night. Turned out he was a wendigo just like his family. And we fought because he took Liam up to the rooftop and Liam almost fell and so I bit him before he could fall down."

"And there was no chance for you to grab his hands or something like that?" I asked shocked.

"No. The wendigo was holding onto them. If I hadn't bitten him, he'd be dead by now," Scott replied. "But I already called Stiles. He's on his way."

"Right. Because Stiles always comes up with the great plans," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes at Scott.

"Why can't the two of you get along?"

"You're asking me that? Well, maybe because I lied to him the whole time... maybe because he fell in love with someone else after just a few weeks because someone told him to get over me!"

"We thought you were dead, Amber," Scott tried to reason with me.

"I get that! But who the hell replaces his dead girlfriends in just a few weeks? That's bullshit! And now he's trying to hide his true feelings towards me."

"How do you know?"

"Well, he left me tons of messages on my phone. And just a few days before I came back to Beacon Hills, he said that he still loves me and always will! Now he's saying that I have to forget about it. But I can't, okay? I can't ignore the fact that deep inside he still has those feelings for me."

Scott sighed, "I think you should talk to each other, really talk to each other, and not yell, not scream. Try to listen to him and he should also listen to you."