five

It was weird, sitting at the table with Scott and Melissa as if nothing had happened. The next day, Melissa woke us up and told us that she was going to make us some breakfast. It was way too early after Scott and I were almost awake the whole night. Scott took longer than I me and trotted down the stairs with his backpack swung over his shoulder. I sighed as I realized that he was going to leave to get to school.

Melissa placed the toasts on my plate and said, "You know, I've got a solution to all of this. You're going back to school as well."

"How?" I asked.

"Let me handle this. But let's wait until tomorrow. You're free today, I think you've got a lot going on in your head," she replied as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her and thanked her with a soft smile on my lips.

"Can I stay home, too?" Scott took the opportunity and asked his mother, but of course she laughed at him and told him to sit down so he could get something to eat before he had to leave for school.

Once Scott was gone, Melissa had to leave as well and told me to feel at home. She said that she left her phone number on a post-it right next to the phone, in case I had to call her. But I told her that I had all under control. I wouldn't do much harm during one day, would I?

So I didn't really do anything special or interesting during the morning and noon time. All I did was sit on the couch, read the book that Melissa gave me the night prior or watched TV. There wasn't much to do. At one point, I decided to go grocery shopping so I could make dinner, but then I also realized that I got no money to buy anything at all. So I went back to the couch and stayed there until I heard the door open.

"Hey Scott," I smiled at him as I got up from the couch.

"Hey," he replied a bit awkward.

"What's wrong?"

"Um. I was talking to Stiles and Lydia about you, you know. That you are now living with us and then Lydia realized that you probably don't have anything, like clothes or toiletries. And that's when Stiles told me that he still has all the stuff that belonged to you since you were basically living with him before you..."

"Died?"

"Yeah," Scott said, rubbing the back of his head. A habit that usually belonged to Stiles.

"So you mean he still has everything?"

Scott nodded. "Even your old phone and clothes and everything that you left at his place. He said that you could pick it up since he... well... wouldn't run after your stuff... 'm sorry."

"It's okay. I'll go and pick it up."

"Great, and um, I'll be at Kira's place, if something's wrong, okay? Or do you want me to go with you?" Scott asked.

"No, it's okay. I'll just ask Lydia. I'm sure that she'd love to spend the evening with me," I smiled back at him. "Can I use your phone to call her?"

"Yeah, sure sure. Here," he rambled and grabbed his phone. "I'll be upstairs."

On the phone, Lydia told me that she'd be picking me up in around ten minutes. She was glad that I was asking her for help, saying that she probably didn't want to go to her ex alone, too. So I took the jacket that belonged to Lydia, ready to give it back to her since Melissa gave me a sweater of her own, and waited outside for Lydia to arrive.

Once she was right in front of me, she honked and waved at me, telling me to get in the car. I smiled at her on my way to her car and opened the door, hoping in immediately.

"You have no idea, how much I've missed you," she said as she was hugging me from the side. "School without you was boring today. Scott told us that you are coming back to school! I can't wait to walk through those halls with you again," she rambled as she began to drive.