one

It's been nearly four months since I left Beacon Hills. I've been driving around the United States in my car, that I stole. Either, I slept in my car or a cheap and old motel. Life has been difficult. I ran away, fought or robbed gas stations to keep living. I never tried to reach out to anyone back home. They still didn't know that I was actually alive. Meaning that Stiles was still thinking that the love of his life was six feet under the ground. Like Asa told me, I never came back to Beacon Hills. I still don't know what she was talking about. The only thing I knew is that something was willing to kill me or something else, no matter what. And I, on the other hand, was willing to kill everyone or everything that was trying to kill me. I've been on my own since then, wondering if my life was going to be like this for the next few decades.

Here I was, sitting in a diner near Sacramento in a small town called Napa. It was quite empty. While I sat on one of the bar stools, some old man and a woman sat a few rows away from me, eating some scrambled eggs.

"What can I get you, young lady?" the woman behind the bar asked. "I'll have special number one, please" I answered.

I don't know when I ate the last time. It's been days, maybe even weeks. I've been trying to stay awake the whole time, trying to defend myself. I fought dozens of hunters and other werewolves. I might have killed some. But time changed me. Like I said to Scott the other day, "If the darkness keeps you in its claws, there's no going back."

I think it's too late for me to go back to my normal old life. Too much has changed. And to be honest, I don't think that I want to be the old me. There are days when I remember being with Tess and my parents, swimming in the lake at our lake house but then there are days when I remember all the tragedies in Beacon Hills. I've been nearly killed by an alpha or a kanima, I tried to kill myself because my english teacher and darach at the same time poisoned me with wolfsbane and oh yeah right, an oni stabbed me with its sword, actually killing me. I died, trying to safe my friends, trying to save Stiles. I've been better without them. I am better now. Even though my lifestyle sucks.

"We have to kill them all. I don't care that some of them might be innocent. We now follow a code and we have to treat it right" the lady at the table said. Well, she whispered but since the other night in Minnesota everything changed. I could hear, smell and see better than I could before.

"Why is the girl at the bar staring at us? Do you think that she can hear us?" the lady said. The man shrugged, "I don't know but let's focus!"

I turned my head around and saw my plate in front of me. "Bon Appetit" the lady behind the counter smiled. "What's your name again, sweetheart?" she asked.

"Amber" I answered, forgetting about the fact that I prefer to lie about my name.

I took a bite of the meal that I ordered and sipped on the coke.

"It's been a long time, since your last meal, am I right?" the lady asked.

I took a look at her name tag and read: Bette.

"You're right. I've been on the road for too long" I sighted.

Bette gave me a smile and placed another coke next to my plate. "This one is for free" she smiled.

I heard a gun being loaded so I turned my head around and saw the two elder people holding their guns in my direction. "You're one of them" the man whispered and fired. I felt the bulled digging into me and soon there was a gunfire. I grabbed my wallet and hurried outside, getting into my car. Those two followed me, firing bullets. I started the engine and raced off while trying to get the bullet out of me with my free hand.

I drove to my shitty apartment and got inside, being greeted by Layla. I met Layla a few weeks ago. She's like me. She's one of us. And we were both trying to find out what was going on.