fifteen

The next day, I couldn't stop thinking about Stiles' words. He still loved me, but from his saying, it felt like he didn't want to give me another chance. I spent most of the night laying awake in my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about his words, I kept repeating them over and over again. Maybe there was a hidden message in it, but it was just a simple meaning behind it. He couldn't forgive me completely, even though we talked about it more the last night. Him saying that he put his feelings for me on reset, let me hoping that we had another chance, but I guess I was wrong.

The day passed away rather quickly. Lydia was with Stiles, skipping another day of school. They were trying to crack the code her grandmother left for her. Lydia said that she'd keep me updated on it. So it left me with another normal and boring school day. Expect, it wasn't so normal as I thought.

After lunch I found Scott and Liam on the stairs right next to coaches office. Liam handed something to Scott when I made it to them, asking them was it was. Liam just said, that his printer wouldn't stop printing it and he had to pull the cord so it stopped. But before I could take a look at it, coach was already shouting from his office. Apparently, his printer wouldn't stop printing, just like Liam's last night. I grabbed one of the many sheets on the ground from coaches office and took a look at it. It was the dead pool, but something was off about it. Meredith's name was crossed out. This was a new version of it.

"You see the difference?" Liam asked.

"Derek's not on the list anymore," Scott replied.

"And I'm not worth three million," Liam said, pointing to his own name on the list. "It's eighteen now. Eighteen million dollars."

Scott insisted that I had to go to the bonfire tonight, saying that staying together would be better for us, rather than separated. I groaned, thinking about all the teenagers. They were all going to have the time of their lives, drinking lots of alcohol and feeling the effects of it. I was so not ready to be surrounded by intoxicated teenagers.

But here I was.

After school, I went home and changed into different clothes. I ate dinner with my Mom and told her about the bonfire. Since she knew, that I couldn't get drunk, she let me go willingly.

Scott was nowhere to be seen, so I decided to roam the ground, trying to find a familiar face. They had just started the bonfire and the crowd was cheering like crazy. The music was so loud, I couldn't really hear the people talking next to me. The place was so crowded, I didn't even know where to begin first.

But then I found Malia. She was dancing all by her self, holding a flask in her one hand while the other was up in the air. Seems like she didn't care at all. She was jumping up and down, taking sips from her flasks quite often. I sighed after a while and decided to go to her. Even though, we weren't really the best friends, we still got along for the pack.

"Hey," I said awkwardly as I stood next to her.

"Hi," she said, raising her flask and taking another sip of it.

"You know, we can't get drunk, right?" I reminded her.

"What?"

"It has something to do with our healing. Trust me, I tried. You're not going to feel a thing," I tried to explain over the loud music.

"Well, then take a sip for the taste at least," she said and handed me the flask. "And have fun, girl. You're standing there all awkwardly. Dance for god's sake."

I sighed and took the flask from her, taking a sip from it. I squished my eyes together as the vodka hit my throat.

"It's a strong one," she added and grabbed the flask from me. "But I guess, you just ruined my night with your wisdom."