ten

Never in a million years, I pictured myself standing in the halls of Beacon High on a Saturday. But here I am, waiting in line together with Scott, Kira, Stiles and Malia to register for the PSAT's. I could barely sleep the past night. That tape, that Stiles, Scott and I were listening to, was keeping me awake. I was trying to figure it out. Every assassin, every murderer must've gotten one of these. But who decided who should get one? Who was controlling the whole thing? It must've been the one who stole the bearer bonds. Who else could it be?

"Hey, you okay?" Scott asked as he put a hand on my shoulder. "You don't look fine."

"I couldn't really sleep. That's all," I simply replied.

"Where's Lydia by the way?" Kira asked all of us, but Stiles was the first to reply, "She's took it her freshman year."

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia groaned and rolled her eyes at Stiles. "Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us," Scott assured with a smile on his face.

"Doesn't mean I'm going to do good."

"Well...," Stiles and I said in unison. We both stared at each other confused before we looked back at Malia, who was giving us the same expression back.

"Well, what?"

"It's do well, not good," Stiles replied.

And again, Malia groaned at Stiles. "Oh, god!"

"Okay, okay," Stiles mumbled at the same time.

"You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college," Scott tried to convince Malia at staying.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours," Kira added with a smile. I just raised my eyebrows and Malia and nodded, agreeing with the others.

When we finally made it to the classroom, we had to put our fingerprints on a registration slip before the teachers handed us the envelope. But just looking at that guy, I could see that he was no good. Something was creeping me out and his aura didn't really say something good about him. "Amber Damn, Amber Dawn... there you are," he said as he went through the pile of envelopes and handed me mine. "Now, if you'd just go to Ms. Martin over there and hand her your phone."

"Sure," I replied and grabbed my phone, ready to hand it Lydia's mom.

"Cellphone in the envelope. You'll get it back after the test," she assured me and handed me a number on a piece of paper.

"Thanks."

"And good luck."

I smiled at her before I sat down on the next available seat, which was right next to Stiles in the second row. Stiles, who had three pencils altogether, smiled at me before he wished me a quick "good luck", too. More and more students were taking their seats and finally, the teacher at the front began to talk, "Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two 25-minute critical reading sections, two 25-minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes." He then took a look at Ms.Martin, who was right next to him. "There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam."

"I know," Ms. Martin began. "It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." She then grabbed her phone and left the room. Malia, who was right in front of Stiles, turned around and gave him a questioning look, but he just shrugged, not knowing what was going on as well. I tabbed on the desk with my nails, waiting for Lydia's mom to return, so we could finally get this over with and a minute or two later, she entered the classroom with a skeptical look on her face. "I can't find him."