nine

After Scott tried to convince his Dad to postpone the transfer of Violet, we found ourselves in a SUV that Garrett stole. Unluckily, Scott couldn't persuade his father, so we had to go with Garrett's plan and attack the car.

"This is not going to work," Scott mumbled as we waited for them to drive past us. We were parked on the side of the road, hidden behind trees and bushes. Scott had made sure to dress in dark clothes, so we couldn't be seen when we were attacking the car. He even gave me a dark sweater of his, so I could put the hoodie on and cover up my face.

"All you have to do is stop the car. I'll take care of the rest," Garrett replied and grinned as he saw lights approaching us. Scott gave me the sign to cover my face which I did and hid behind the seat. Garrett put the car in drive and followed the car with a safe distance. We've been following the car for a few minutes now until Garrett suddenly said, "There's a stop sign half a mile ahead."

"So what? We jump out of the car while driving and attack it?" I asked confused.

"Should we take out the tires with our claws?" Scott asked as well.

Garrett just sighed and rolled his eyes, "For Alphas, you can be so dense. Teeth, claws, heat vision, whatever. Just stop them, okay?"

Out of nowhere, Scott began to scream and pointed to the road ahead of us, "Stop! Stop the car!"

Garrett braked, our bodies flying forward due to the sudden stop. And what I saw, made me realize that there were people in danger, people I cared about. The car in front of us was flipped over, people were on the ground, smoke was emerging from the hood. Scott ripped the passenger door open and ran to the car. I followed closely and found Noah on the ground, his feet was stuck. "Oh god, Noah!" I yelled and dropped right next to him. "Let me help you," I said and grabbed the door that was pressing on his thigh.

"She's not in the car. Violet's gone," I heard Scott on the other side of the car. He was with his father, trying to help him up. I took a look in the car and found no one. She was really gone.

"Amber, listen to me. They're still here. They're still here," Noah mumbled under his breath.

I looked at Scott. He stared at me confused after he heard what Noah just said to me. Garrett was approaching us with his lacrosse stick in his hand, ready to fight whoever caused this. And finally, I saw the source of the accident. A Berserker was right in front of Garrett. "You want me? Come on! Come and get me. Come and get me! Yeah, that's right! You're not so big. You're not so-"

He suddenly stopped, as something was piercing through his abdomen from behind. I got up on my feet and saw a second Berserker who raised Garrett up in the air. Garrett choked on his own blood, before the Berserker dropped him on the ground dead. I gasped and looked at Scott, who was ready to fight the Berserker. But the one who was standing in front of Garrett, was out of sight for Scott, so he couldn't see him and that's when that Berserker raised its fist.

"Scott!" I yelled, but it was too late. The Berserker had smacked him on the head and Scott fell to the ground unconscious. I groaned and growled and the Berserkers. Noah, who was still on the ground, warned me. "Amber, please don't." But I didn't care. Those things hurt three people, killed another one, who I clearly didn't care about, but those things had to know that this wasn't their territory.

And before I could even get ready to fight those stupid things, one of them was already charging at me. So I backed away kicked it roughly. It flew back, but of course it was up on its feet in seconds. The other one had this sharp bone in its hand, that I knew too well and was trying to stab me with it. I tried my best and hit, kicked, and punched the Berserker, trying to defend myself. But unluckily, it hit my thigh with it. It was just a deeper scratch but it hurt as hell.