seven

After we found out about the shocking truth that here had been a dead pool, we decided to gather after the party had died down. It was in the middle of the night, but no one showed any sign of fatigue. There was just no time for that.

Stiles had gone out to go and look for Scott, who was after Liam, while the girls were all waiting in the study room, that's what Lydia was calling the room.

Scott and Stiles were back in minutes. Stiles was out of breath once he made it back to the study room, while Scott showed no signs of exhaustion at all. They must've been running all the way back to the lake house.

"Where's Liam?" Kira asked and hugged Scott. "He's home. He's alright. So why exactly are we all gathering here?"

"We found this," I began and showed the boys Lydia's laptop.

"I wrote this, actually, I transcribed it," Lydia said. "It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. But this is only part of it. I found a key to decode it, but there is still two thirds uncoded."

"And how did you find the key?" Stiles asked confused as he stared at the dead pool. "And what are the numbers?"

"I heard it," Lydia replied simply.

"She heard it, of course," Stiles mumbled and scratched the back of his head.

"We don't know what the numbers mean, maybe it's what we are worth? I mean, the Walcott's are on that list and they are all dead. Maybe the assassins get money after they killed someone on that list?" I questioned the pack.

"So each of the Walcott's is worth what? 250 dollars?" Malia asked.

"I don't think so," I disagreed and took a look at the dead pool again. "It would mean that Lydia is only worth 15 dollars, Scott 20, Kira 5 and me... well, I'd be worth 25."

"Guys," Scott began and gave us his look, the one when he always got an idea. "I think there's more behind it. You said that the key only broke one third of the list, right?"

"Yeah," Lydia nodded.

"So, adding all the money together, I think that it's gonna add up to 117 million dollars."

"The bearer bonds," I realized and stared at Scott who nodded. "You mean, the person who robbed Peter, is the person behind all of this? Not only this, but it means that each of the Walcott's are not 250 dollars worth, but 250 thousand?"

Scott nodded and grabbed the laptop from the table. "And we are worth millions."

I gulped and had to sit down. This was quite a lot to process. "So what now? I mean... I have no clue what to do."

"I guess, I have to stay here and try to find the other two keywords. I found the first one here, so the other two should be here as well," Lydia said.

"I'll stay with you," Malia said immediately with a soft smile on her face. She was really trying her hardest to earn bonus points. Like Stiles said the other time, she's still learning how to be human. I sighed before I said the one thing that I knew, I'd regret. But as Lydia's best friend, I had to stay there as well. "I won't leave you here, neither."

Lydia smiled and thanked me.

The weekend was over sooner than we could think of. We spent the whole weekend at the lake house, and with we, I mean Lydia, Malia, Kira and me. Lydia wouldn't leave the study room for one second, so I had to make sure that we had something to eat and to drink. Kira helped me in the kitchen, which I was thankful for. Malia said that she couldn't cook, but she could go hunting for us, in case, we wanted to eat deer.