eleven

There we were, somewhere in the basement of Beacon High. Kira's dad couldn't help us find the entrance to the vault. He said that, if he was missing for too long, they'll get suspicious. He just opened the door to the basement for us that was locked. Stiles was the first to go looking around. Malia had found a locked door, but that wasn't the entrance to the vault, for sure. Kira decided to use the knocking technique. She kept knocking on the walls, trying to find for a cavity. Scott was checking the ground, maybe there was a hidden door somewhere on the ground.

I followed Kira to the back of the room, trying to find the entrance behind the shelves. That's when Stiles exclaimed that he might have found it, "Hey guys! Over here!"

Kira grabbed my wrist and dragged me with her to the front, where Scott and Stiles were already trying to push a shelf out of the way. They revealed a wall with the triskele graved in it. "Look at the cracks in the wall. It's like the entrance outside," Stiles said as we were all gathered next to him. Everyone stared at the lock, which only opened with claws. I sighed, realizing that we had no chance to get in there, until, "It only opens with claws. Anyone's claws, right?"

There was a tiny shook coming from Scott that only Stiles should've seen, but I saw it, too. Only a Hale could open the vault. And we had no Hale. But then Scott and Stiles stared at each other, having a conversation in their minds, until Scott turned to Malia, and that's when I realized it. She was a Hale, she just didn't know about it. "Um, Malia? Can you try?"

"Why me?" she questioned.

Scott raised his hands and shoved her his fingers without claws on them, "I don't have control."

"Okay, I'll do it," she gave in and I was so relieved that she didn't want me to open the vault. "But first tell me what you've been hiding from me!"

Scott and Stiles looked at each other again, trying to find the right answer for her. But telling her, dad her Dad is actually Peter, wasn't something that you could just throw into the room like that.

"I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it. I know I'm on the list."

Everyone, except for Malia, exhaled. We were all holding in our breaths. Thank god, she was talking about that list.

"Yes..." Stiles muttered.

"So how much?"

"How much what?"

"How much am I worth?"

"Two million," Scott told her. Malia looked away and you could basically see the gears turning in her head.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked worried.

"Yeah," she said. "Amber's worth 25, Scott 20 and Kira 5. They'll take you guys out way before me."

"That's progress," Stiles whispered to Scott. "That's progress."

Malia headed to the entrance, putting her claws into the cracks and opened the vault successfully. The big, heavy door opened automatically. They slid to the side, revealing the Hale's vault. I've never been in them before, but Stiles was, right after they robbed Peter. It was big, dark and moist. Shelves were basically everywhere. As we entered the vault, the door closed behind us on its own, leaving us in there by our own. Stiles sighed and grabbed Malia's wrist, dragging her somewhere further into the room. Scott and Kira were looking through the shelves, inspecting everything. But I couldn't do anything else than walk to that old and worn out chair and finally drop on it. My head was still spinning and I still felt nauseous. It wasn't getting better, in fact it was getting worse every minute. And as soon as I sat down, it's like the whole world came crashing down.