eight

After we told everyone about the next third of the dead pool, that we were able to decode, we decided that it'd be the best for us to get home. It was already late and dark outside. But one thing that was trying to keep Lydia and me at the station, was the fact that Jordan Parrish was also on that list. I wanted to know if he knew about his abilities, or whatever he was capable of. I wanted to know what he was and why he decided to move to Beacon Hills. But Lydia said that we should wait for Stiles; he could try and talk to Noah. Maybe he knew something that we didn't.

So Lydia drove me home and told me not to worry about Parrish, but I had to. Of course, he was more protected than the other's since he had a gun. He could easily defend himself. But there was a killer on the loose with a thermo-cut wire and a lacrosse stick with a knife in it!

And once again, I was home alone. Scott was probably still at school, searching with Stiles that boy who got attacked. I had the urge to go there and help them, but then I remembered Stiles' words. He didn't want me to be there and so I respected that. That Garrett boy was still out there somewhere, ready to kill the next werewolf or whatever was encountering him.

Just as I was about to heat up the dinner that Melissa had prepared for us, I heard the front door. I took a look around the corner and saw Scott entering the house. He took his shoes off while I was shouting for him, "Scott!"

"Hey," he said entering the kitchen area.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really," he replied but sat down at the table.

"I'll heat something up for you, too. You have to eat," I told him and grabbed another plate. "What's that?" I asked and pointed to the bags that he dropped next to the table.

"Nothing, just my lacrosse stuff," he said but I could hear it. Even though he was able to control his heart beat, I could hear him lying. "What about that boy Brett, did you find him?"

"Luckily, yes. He's with Deaton right now. He was poisoned with a rare kind of wolfsbane," Scott replied flatly. "But Garrett's still gone."

"Why do you sound so miserable?"

"I found Brett in the boy's locker room. He was close to death and out of nowhere Violet came out from her hiding spot with that thermo-cut wire. She had it around my neck, Amber. But everything's fine, don't worry. Dad made sure to arrest her. But Garrett is still out there," he explained. Luckily, I wasn't holding anything in my hands, because I was sure that it'd be laying on the floor broken once he said that Violet wanted to kill him. "Tomorrow after school, we're trying to find him, you're in?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed at the same moment the microwave decided to ping. "Do you think that they were the only killers? Or are there more?"

"I hope not, but we have to find the source of it."

After that, Scott and I ate our dinner, talking about normal things, which was rare, to be honest. We were talking about the upcoming PSAT's and I told him that I was looking for a job, so I could support Melissa and Scott, who were letting me stay for free at their place. And of course, Scott said that I didn't have to, but I wanted to.

The next day, I received a text message from Lydia, saying that she couldn't come to pick me up for school since she wanted to go back to the police station and talk to Parrish himself. I was kind of angry at her, that she wanted to do this alone without me. After all, we were together when we found the key for the second list.

So again, I took Scott's old bicycle after I had finished my breakfast and took off. Lydia didn't live that far away from Scott. It took me just a few minutes until I dropped the bike on the driveway and knocked on the front door hysterically.