three

Love is something that means very different things to different people. For some, love can be purely romantic, or even purely sexual. For others, real love is utterly unconditional and only truly exists between family members, or between people and a deity. And for some people, love is fluid, ever-changing, and everywhere, and is felt for family, friends, partners, pets, and even inanimate objects, dead artists, and fictional characters. None of these people would be right or wrong, but one thing is certain: love is the most powerful force in the entire universe. Between partners of any description, be they married or cohabiting, boyfriend and girlfriend, straight or gay, young or old, love is a relationship of mutual understanding and respect. This kind of love is often reliant on some kind of 'chemistry': that strange feeling that they give you in the pit of your stomach, and the feeling that nothing in the world is more important to you than enjoying the moment you're in together. It is the strength of this feeling that makes love the most powerful emotion that most of us will ever experience. People can do some dreadful things out of hate and fear, but love can push us to do much, much worse. And it is often love that can cause us to hate, whether it's out of jealousy, or anger because our loved one has been hurt. Love, ultimately, is a sacrifice, whatever the relationship, and it must be the most powerful force in the universe because as human beings, we make true sacrifices for nothing less.

Love is something that I never experienced until I met the person in front of me.

Stiles.

Stiles entered the room with Scott and Deaton by his side and just as I imagined, they were shocked. Shocked to see someone who was supposed to be dead. Someone whom they didn't see in the last two months. Someone they were friends with. Someone they loved.

"Amber" Scott mumbled.

„H-hi" I stammered and stared at Stiles.

He was wearing a white shirt with a grey sweater on top of it with his favorite red jeans and black sneakers. He looked different. Older to be exact. His brown eyes were staring at me. Staring at the person he loved.

I stood up again and walked over to him. All eyes were on us. And my eyes were on Stiles. He stared at me a little bit longer before he looked over to Deaton who nodded, probably telling him that I was real. His eyes met mine finally and I saw the sorrow in it, the disbelief that I was standing in front of him. I felt like the worst friend ever. They thought that I was dead while I was alive. I let them believe that I was six feet under the ground but I wasn't. I was alive.

Finally, I wrapped my arms around Stiles and buried my head in his neck. I never thought that I was able to do this again. I thought that I was never able to see the love of my life again.

After a moment, I felt Stiles' arms wrapping around my torso. A single tears slipped down my face and I had to wipe it away real quick. Stiles took it as a sign to pull away and stumbled a few steps back.

"How?" was the only thing that he could get out.

"I know that this is a lot to process, but you have to believe me when I say that I am truly sorry. I wanted to call to every single day, but-"

"Then why didn't you?"

"Stiles," Scott mumbled from behind us, after he raised his voice at me. I knew that something like that was coming. I mean, I left them behind, thinking that I wasn't alive anymore. I could've left a message, at least.

"No!" Stiles said to his best friend. "She left us thinking that she's dead! Hell! We buried you! There was a funeral! We were all mourning! And then you come back waltzing in, thinking that everything can just get back to normal?"

I gulped and looked at the ground. He was right. Thinking that everything could go back to normal, was a joke. It could never be normal again. "I'm so sorry, Stiles. I promised. I promised not to come back. She made me promise it. It was hard for me, as well, okay? I know that it can't be compared to what you guys felt, but it was hard for me, too!"