•𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗢𝘂𝘁•

A/N: Homophobic slurs are used in this chapter.

•✨•

Nikki's POV, April 25th 1988

So, things have gotten slightly more interesting I've the last couple of weeks... let me explain.

Basically, Tommy and I decided to make out relationship public last week, we rang Doc and Doug, they arranged an interview with MTV, a slot was given and Tom and I went on and said we were in a relationship.

The press reaction was one of complete shock- although horribly fake, I knew they knew that we were in love even before Tom and I ourselves knew- they're usually pretty good at figuring shit like that out, they have surprisingly accurate gay-dars I'll give them that.

Publicly it was pretty well received, there were a lot of people obviously were against same sex relationships but apart from the odd slur being thrown our way it was manageable, it bothered me less than I expected actually, maybe that's because it wasn't said to my face.

Vince and Mick we're both now just relieved as fuck that all of our hidden feelings and confused emotions were gone, we were in love. I do think that our band mates though do want to strangle us sometimes still, the reason is that I will shamelessly admit the fact we are sappy as fuck.

We practically hang off each other, we can never keep our hands to ourselves- always touching, holding hands, kissing, cuddling, you name it we did it no matter who was around.

I think they'd rather be grossed out by our infatuation rather than annoyed because we were ignoring the blatantly obvious.

Tommy made me so happy though, I'm probably repeating myself a million times but he does. He makes me feel complete, Tommy has been the missing part of my life's puzzle this entire time, he's given me a purpose something I've always struggled to find.

Today, it had been the drummers idea to go out tonight and I was all for it, it would be the first night out since publicly announcing our relationship- we'd be going for a meal, we couldn't go to a bar due to our new found sobriety but I honestly couldn't care less.

People can say what they want today, I don't care. Nothing is gonna spoil tonight.

I was currently getting ready, sitting at my vanity table applying my eyeliner when Tommy waltzed into the room coming up behind me and looking at me through the mirror "I don't know why you bother with makeup, you don't need it"

"Yeah, I do" I tell him incredulously applying the eyeliner to my right eye having done my left.

"No, you don't, Nikki you can stun anyone just by walking into a room, makeup or not. I know because you do it to me every fucking time I look at you"

"You need glasses if that's the case" I laughed placing down my eyeliner and picking up my hairspray bottle, Tommy gets the message and moved from behind me only to kneel down next to me and continued to pay me compliments.

"My vision is just fine... you're enchanting- I know you don't believe me but it's true, I'd never lie to you... Nikki, you are truly the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on"

"Hmmm... well, if I'm as beautiful as you say then what are you? Cause to me, your 100 times more beautiful than I could ever be"