•𝗔𝗱𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸•

•✨•

Nikki's POV, April 13th 1988

This was weird, we'd been back here for 3 days now but it's taking forever to get used to being here. I knew adjusting back was gonna take a while but man, I just can't quite believe that the last few months happened.

I got fucking clean and officially in a relationship with Tommy.

How the fuck did that happen?

Having Tommy as my boyfriend though was amazing, better than I ever thought and trust me I've always known being with Tommy was gonna be great. I've honestly never been so happy.

Having someone else around me stopped that nagging voice in the back of my head, taunting me to have a hit.

For once in months I felt like I had full control of myself and my actions- I'm not entirely out of the woods yet, I knew that but I was a hell of a lot better than I was say this time last year.

Tom and I hadn't really done much over the last few days, mostly just cuddle and fuck- that second one was more Tommy than me but I wasn't gonna say no to free sex.

This morning has been the same as the last two, Tommy woke me up at a time which was way to early to be conscious at, climbing on top of me and kissing me- it wasn't a bad way to wake up, certainly made mornings more interesting.

After our escapade under the sheets, I thought it best to take a shower obviously with Tom being a clingy fuck he joined me and once we were in there tried it on with me again, this time however I denied him something I will no doubt end up paying for later on today but oh well, once clean and fresh we went downstairs and I cooked breakfast, I did Tommy's favourite, blueberry pancakes.

We'd gone grocery shopping yesterday so we had fresh food, it was nice on the palate after having frozen food then rehab food for months.

We sat and ate in the living room watching MTV like usual, discussing what's gonna happen now. Doc and Doug have arranged a band meeting next week to discuss the next album- I've written a couple of songs already while in rehab so maybe they'll be used maybe not- we were all pretty hyped for this album as it will be out first ever sober album.

It's gonna kick some serious ass.

Tommy and I polished off our food within 10 minutes, I headed back into the kitchen with the empty plates- placing them into the washing up bowl and scrubbing them, they weren't that dirty so it didn't take that long.

The plates were returned to their spot in the cupboard and I fetched two mugs out and placing two teaspoons of coffee in each and boiling the kettle, as I'm standing there looking out into the backyard I heard footsteps approaching me from behind not a second later arms slowly wrapped themselves around me and Tommy placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Coffee?"

"Yeah"

"Thanks baby"

I smiled "Yeah, well, I think I owe you a coffee after everything you've done for me"

Tommy's chest vibrates against my back as he laughed softly "That's true... but I don't expect anything from you, y'know that right?"