•𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿•

•✨•

Nikki's POV, December 24th 1987

Shit, man, I feel like shit. What happened to me yesterday?

Tom went home, I went out with Slash... we ended out going to a drug party... then I-.... oh.... oh.... oh shit. I overdosed.

All I really remember waking up with an adrenaline needle sticking out of my chest, freaking out the entire way the hospital then once in hospital being unable to stay there, the only thing on my mind for the brief time I was in hospital was Tommy, I must have given him a heart attack, I felt fucking awful about that... was he here last night?

I was still pretty out of it, not just from the drugs but also from the being dead and coming back to life thing... my mind was just all over the place right now, but I swear Tommy was here... he stopped me from shooting up, I remember... I mean it could have been an hallucination from everything that went on, I could just be losing my fucking mind, which I am but that's not the point.

Tommy had to have been here... it felt real, I fell asleep with him... it couldn't have just been my imagination. But, it probably was because as I opened my eyes and looked to the side of the bed where Tommy should have been... he wasn't... I kinda begin to freak out a bit cause I died yesterday and I really really don't wanna be alone right now cause I don't trust my addiction ridden brain not to just run into the closet now and shoot up... I needed too at some point I knew that but I didn't want to, Tommy helped with the craving, he helped it leave me alone.

It was like he had magic superpowers over me, okay that sounds ridiculous but it'd the best way I can describe it... I can't break promises to him, it's impossible... I promised I'd stop mixing smack and cocaine and I did, it might just be the fact that I love him and betraying him feels way too wrong for me to do. I hated hurting Tommy and to intentionally hurt him like that... no, I physically couldn't.

When I fully registered the fact Tommy wasn't in bed with me I looked around the room for any signs that he had been here but I couldn't find any- my breathing then became erratic and short and tears formed in my eyes.

No, he was meant to come back last night, he was meant to have, could something have happened to him? Where is he? Where is he?! I can't be on my own, I can't, no, no, I can't-

I was pulled from my oncoming panic attack by my bedroom door opening, at first it only made me panic more because if Tommy wasn't here then who the fuck was in my house? But when the door fully I was staring directly at Tommy who was holding two cups of what I assumed to be coffee- he saw the state I was in and his face filled with concern as he ran over to me placing the mugs of coffee down on my bedside table throwing himself next to me and wrapping me in his arms "Nikki? Nikki, what is it, what's wrong?"

My hands clutched his shirt and I closed my eyes in relief. It wasn't a hallucination... he was really here, thank fuck "Y-you weren't h-..here, I thought I'd i-imagined you-.. I thought I w-was alone"

"You're not... I'm right here, I'm right here Nik"

"I-I'm sorry, for e-..everything- I'm a-such a mess... I can't i-imagine how you m-..must have felt last n-night and I'm so s-sorry"

Tommy exhales breathily "I was so scared, Nikki... I-I thought-.... I-.. I thought that you-.... you-"

Quickly, I lifted my head and placed a finger over his lips to stop him from talking, I knew what he was gonna say... he thought I was dead. Tears slipped from my eyes as I choke out a reply "I k-know... I know... I'm so sorry T-Tommy... I'm so sorry. I was scared t-..too, I didn't w-want this... I.. I d-didn't want t-to leave y-you"