•𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝘆•

•✨•

Nikki's POV, April 10th 1988

It was over, thank god.

I'm a few hours I could be released from this shit hole and back into a normal life with Tommy... or hopefully with Tommy... I wanted him to stay with me for a while because I really don't trust my brain right now not to relapse.

Realistically, I wouldn't I don't think but I can't be to certain of that so I'd prefer it if he was with me for a while because Tom does keep me in check.

Vince and Mick were released a over a month and a half ago, as they were in for alcohol and it's an easier fix than heroin but they still came and visited Tom and I every other day.

Yes, Tom stayed with me... he should have been released with the other two but didn't- he was allowed to stay because I think the staff knew that Tommy was keeping me together- it meant more to me than I could ever say.

It's gonna be weird to go home and be clean... for the last year I've associated that house with drugs, with hallucinating and pain, suffering, hatred to now have it as a house to live in again is gonna take some getting used too.

"Nikki?" I hear Tommy call out from the doorway or my room as I stare blankly at my suitcase thinking of the next few days.

"Huh?"

"What'cha thinking about?" He smiles as he walks over and sits next to me on the bed.

"Going home, it's gonna be weird going there sober"

"Good weird though, right?"

I nodded "Yeah... good weird"

Tommy nodded his mouth falling slightly and he gets the look on his face like he wants to really ask me something, he was hesitant for whatever reason but did say eventually "Do you want me to stay with you or...?"

"Yeah" I say rather too quickly, so I add "If you don't want too that's fine... I'll-.. er... I'll be fine alone" I knew that to be bullshit and so did Tom.

The drummer looked relieved that I'd said yes saying "Nikki, no you won't. I'll stay with you, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't want to stay with you... just wanted to check you wanted me there"

"Course I do, why wouldn't I? You're my-... fuck, no- wait, what even are we now?" I say laughing lightly not knowing how to refer to Tommy... we still friends or is he my boyfriend?

Tommy laughed with me and shrugged "Whatever you want us to be... what do you think we are?"

"I know what I want us to be but the question is do you want to be the same thing?" I say smirking being certain that we did indeed want the same thing.

"And what might that be?"

"I want you to be my boyfriend... be mine Tommy"

Tommy took my hand in his "You've always been my boyfriend, Nik... and that's not meant to sound that creepy but you know what I mean... there's nobody else I want as my boyfriend, yeah... I'm yours... always have been"