•𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗕𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲•

•✨•

Tommy's POV, December 13th 1987

When I woke up the next morning, Nikki wasn't in bed, the spot where he should have been was mostly cold signalling he'd been up for a while, fear spiked at my heart and I jumped out of bed "Nikki!.... Nikki!" I called before stopping- my eyes make contact with the closet doors which are now closed, I left them open last night.

Oh... of course...

I sighed and let some of my panic subside I step over to the doors and push down the handles, expecting the doors to be locked but no... the door opened and I saw Nikki curled up in the corner of the room his knees up to his chest sobbing into his knees.

My heart broke. Seeing Nikki cry... I hate it... it seems wrong... he doesn't deserve to deserve the pain.

"Nikki?"

The man's head lifted and his red, swollen eyes looked back at me, I noticed his pupils were blown like they are all the time nowadays, I saw the needle laying next to him and when Nikki reached out for me I saw the fresh red dot on his vein which was bleeding... surrounded by what looked like hundreds of other little track marks from the months of drug abuse he'd put himself through.

This was bad. So fucking bad.

"T-Tommy..." the bassist cries shakily desperate for me to take his hand, my feet take a couple of steps forward and my hands wrap around Nikki's "Y-you're s-..still here..?"

"Course I'm still here Nik, I'm not gonna leave you like this..." I tell him while kneeling down infront of him.

"They-... they told me-.. t-they told me you left m-me... like I-... I left y-you" Nikki blabbers using his other hand and gripping my shirt "I.. can't be a-alone... d-don't leave me a-alone"

"Who's 'they'?" I asked wanting to know what he's seeing because although not real- they were real for him.

"I-I don't know... but they're here... t-they just stand and s-..stare at me... whispering... a-always fucking wh-.. whispering... t-they wanna h-hurt you t-to hurt me... I can't..." he mutters pulling me closer to him, so I move nearer snaking an arm around his thin, frail form.

"They won't hurt me... there's nobody here, I'm okay, you're okay"

Nikki shook his head frantically "No... n-no... they're... th-they're gonna t-take y-you f-from me... gonna t-take you fr-.. from me... c-can't you see them, T-Tommy? T-they're right there a-and they're gonna t-take you and hurt m-me and I just c-can't"

I move a hand into his hair and hold his head against my chest, sighing sadly... what's happened to him, what's happened to my Nikki? "I promise I won't let anything happen to you, Nikki... but trust me, I'm the only one here"

"I-I'm going c-crazy, aren't I? I-I'm g-..going crazy Tommy, h-help me, oh god, help m-me please"

I've never heard Nikki sound so broken before and I've seen him in some pretty bad states after getting calls from his mom... this is so much worse.

"You're not going crazy... you're sick, Nikki... you're just sick"

Nik looks at me before looking over into the other corner of the room fear infesting his features as he looks at whatever he can see "I want t-..them to leave me a-alone... make t-them go a-away..."