ix. hot rod

dream a little dream of me!

❝ dream a little dream of me! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

          SHE RAISED HER HAND to cover her mouth as she giggled, darting down the stairs in a blur of colors, winter coat billowing wildly behind her. It was probably unladylike of her to do such exertions, and her mother would most likely scold her for runningㅡif she could catch her, that is; but she was not, even remotely, worried about that. The brunette was too occupied by the thought of him waiting for her in the gardens.

          It was no secret that she was completely besotted with the blond and everything he did. She just couldn't get enough of him, and he, who was not entirely welcome in the kingdom, clearly felt the same for her. The thought of him alone was enough to make her swoon, from his kind cerulean eyes to his charming personality. She wasn't afraid of the servants telling on her because she knew that they were on her side. At least they supported her relationship with him.

         Unlike her parents, and most likely every member of her biological family.

          She was relieved when the maids had told her that they were going to keep anything they see to themselvesㅡeven assuring the brunette that they would cover for her sudden disappearances.

          The young girl leaned against a wall after seeing her mother talking to one of the guards. The brunette tried to catch her breath and begun running to the opposite direction. The atmosphere was thick and cold from the winter air, her staggered breaths creating white puffs with every exhale. It was definitely a challenge to take oxygen in, similar to inhaling sharp knives with every breath; but as priorly mentioned, the brunette did not care. She knew all the secret passage ways, every nook and cranny, like the back of her hand. Of course she would do what she could to ensure that they would meet.

          After passing portraits of her ancestors along with antique furniture, she finally reached the castle's exit way. The brunette looked left and right to see if the coast was clear, making sure that there was no one around.

          In a rush of joy, she sprinted from the place she called her living area, in search of the man that felt more like home. Her footsteps made soft crunching noises as she trudged across the snow-covered courtyard. Hedges of green shrubs formed an intricate maze, the once emerald shade now fading into a duller hue as a cause of the white powder dusting its corners.

          Barefooted, the brunette nearly tripped over an exposed root on the ground. She picked herself up as though nothing had happened, continuing her journey to the heart of the labyrinth, where he would be waiting as always. She couldn't get lost for she had been meeting with him in the same spot for nearly a month and she had memorized the way in.