v. evening talks

a strange encounter!

❝ a strange encounter! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

          ROSALIE FROWNED, wondering how on earth she got there. A beautiful mansion stood in front of her, glowing under the full moon. A few pillars of white marble, like a majority of the building's material, held the house upright. She looked around; there was an intricate fountain behind her, just in the middle of a circular driveway. A path of pearl-colored cobblestone was spread out in the opposite direction of the house, yellow light bulbs spaced evenly along the border between the pavement and the spread of emerald green grass.

          What time is it? the brunette thought to herself. It must be very late because she couldn't hear the bustle that inevitably came from the streets. There were lights lining up the entrance to the house, but she couldn't see past the dark thicket of trees that surrounded the area. Rosalie crossed her arms around her chest, trying to get warm. It was cold, very much so, and she couldn't help but scold herself for wearing shorts and a camisole as pajamas.

          The brunette was so lost in her own thoughts that she failed to notice that the front door of the mansion had opened, showing a disheveled Klaus. He already had a difficult time sleeping, making his eyes look tired and pinkish. His dark blond hair seemed to point in every direction, and it didn't help that he had a tendency to run his fingers through it. What was more amusing, however, was the sight of him in grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He had hastily shoved the top on when he caught her scent from an open window.

          The hybrid's footsteps (he didn't have the patience to use slippers or any type of footwear) startled her out of the trance she was in and Rosalie met his gaze. Worried and curious, Klaus stopped in front of her, "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

          "Er, no. I'm sorry," she said, awkwardly. The last thing she remembered was the strange wedding dream with an odd man. The brunette could recall everything she did before she fell asleep, none of which involved standing like an idiot in the middle of a stranger's property. "But I can't remember how or why I'm here."

          "My name is Niklaus, but you can call me Nik. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself last time." He smiled kindly at her, then held out a hand, and she suddenly felt breathless. It was like the air from her lungs was spontaneously sucked out. The brunette looked at his outstretched hand, then back to his eyes. Those eyes. It felt as though she was being engulfed in a warm blanket, or downing a cup of hot cocoa; it felt like home.

          "Rosalie," she swiftly whispered upon realizing that she'd been dazed, but he didn't seem to mind as he (more than willingly) held eye contact. Goosebumps erupted on their arms and tingles ran down their spines as soon as their hands connected.