vi. missing you

rain, rosalie!

❝ rain, rosalie! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

         IT WAS RAINING AGAIN, he noted mindlessly. The glass panes were blurry, droplets of clear liquid bouncing off in rhythmic splatters. Clouds of dark grey covered the sky, the blanket of darkness adding to the gloomy atmosphere the current weather held. It matched his melancholy, a feeling that's been plaguing his mind for days. Glancing out the window, the blond couldn't help but sigh. 

          It's been 56 days since he last saw Rosalie, but who was counting? The hybrid felt his heart clench upon thinking of her, an involuntary action he's been doing for the past millenia. He hadn't talked to her since the accident, and to say that he wasn't feeling down about his decision would be a major lie. But it was for the best, he thought. Rosalie deserved some quietude.

          "Why are you brooding again?"

          Nik sighed, this time in annoyance. He glancedㅡor glared, more likeㅡat the raven-haired girl. Persephone was looking at him as though he was a vermin, with her scrunched nose, crossed arms, and judgemental gaze. Her black hair, combined with her dark monochromatic clothing, made her look like a modern Wednesday Addams; but that was an idea he didn't want her to knowㅡshe'd probably skin him alive, or do something horrific, which wasn't part of his plan at the moment.

          "I'm not brooding." Nik mumbled, frowning. He raised the crystal glass to his lips, downing a mouthful of bourbon with a blank expression. The bitterness of the hard liquor left a trail of fire in his throat, but it was a burn he welcomed.

          "Right," she snorted, crossing the threshold and plopping down on the couch. "And Elijah isn't a dramatic bloke in a suit."

          He gave her a blank look. "What do you want, Persephone?"

          "Stop with the unnecessary torment." Persephone deadpanned just as bleakly. "You're killing the vibe, dude. This town is already gloomy as hell. Just talk her. Or call her, at least."

          "I don't want to disturb heㅡ"

         "Do you want to be with Rosalie?"

          He looked scandalized that she had the audacity to ask that question. "No, I'm just playing around," Nik sarcastically retorted. "What the bloody hell do you think? Of course I want to be with Rosalie."

          She gave him an odd look, one that suggested he had brain damage. "Then be with her, you idiot. I don't know why you're wasting your time sitting around here."

          "I'm not 'sitting around,'" he said, indignant. She stood up, fixing herself a drink of her own on the liquor counter. Klaus paid her no heed, "Things have been busy. You know, with the sword and Silas, and all. Besides, she's trying to have a peaceful college experieㅡ"