v. tequila!

momma's home!

❝ momma's home! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

          LIGHT FLOODED THE ROOM as she flicked the switch. Rosalie squinted at the sudden change, golden orbs lazily scanning the area. The soles of her boots clacked against the floor, accompanied by the wheels of her suitcase. The brunette entered the apartment with fondness, her companion doing the same, following with just as much enthusiasm.

          Everything nearly looked the way she'd left it. The bowl of fruits was still in the same position with the same number of food in it; the curtains were now a soft shade of beige; and the piano, that beautiful baby grand, was there waiting for her. Her hands itched to play, and the Monet sighed longinglyㅡshe'd have to wait a few more moments before that.

         However, it was strange to see the space without the tulips. The counters once overflowing with the flowers were now bleak surfaces, not a single white petal present. As if on instinct, Rosalie raised a hand to touch her necklace, fiddling with the pendant like she did every time she grew stressed. The brunette knew that her roommate would've thrown them out when they started wilting, it's been weeks; but she couldn't seem to shake this disheartened feeling in her gut.

         "C'mon, boy," she said in a more upbeat tone, patting her thigh to grab Fiji's attention. The puppy in question responded instantly, forgetting the act of sniffing the couch to run towards her. Her heart warmed at the sight of his happiness, tail wagging and all.

          The pair trudged to her room, where she unpacked her luggage and fixed her closet while Fiji watched her from the bed. It took a bit of time, not because she felt lazy, but because she had to find the motivation. For someone who loved to organize, Rosalie sure as hell loathed unpacking everything. It was kind of saddening to unpack, it was a reminder that a trip had reached its end, that everything was going back to normal. She was happy to be back in New Orleans, sure, but it made her miss her family back in Mystic Falls. Even though her sister had avoided her like a plague.

          On her last day at Mystic Falls, her parents kept on hugging her. It was so sweet, the way they reminded her to do small things like to 'be careful,' or to 'call every week.' Rosalie lightly laughed at their unnecessary worry, smiling at how they fussed over her. Neither Alaska, nor Jacob showed at the breakfast table, and the brunette was so shocked that she couldn't even question it. All five Monets always had a meal together at least once before she left. Rosalie had shrugged her feelings away, desperately trying not to over think things. Instead, she put on a happy front for her parents.

          Once all her things were organized, the brunette had spent nearly fifteen minutes playing with Fiji on the bed they now shared. While he rested, Rosalie went to the kitchen in search of something to eat. Her mom did say that she had to 'eat more because she was so skinny.'