ii. the firstborn

blonde bombshells!

❝ blonde bombshells! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

PIN-STRAIGHT, BLONDE hair billowed behind Rebekah Mikaelson as she stormed out of the room and away from the mansion. Rebekah didn't stop, didn't think for a moment, only allowing her feet to carry her elsewhere. Her beautific features were marred with melancholy, the dried trail of tears on her cheeks dampening once again.

After centuries of reliving the feeling, it still didn't hurt any less to know that her closest friend was gone again. The fact that more innocent lives had been taken was heartbreaking, but knowing that it could have been her niece or nephew was just a cruelty of fate. Rebekah couldn't even begin to imagine how Niklaus felt.

The hybrid didn't speak after he broke down in front of his sister, merely returning back to Rosalie's side and staring off into space. Though his features transformed into a blank slate, he held the Monet's hand in a way that seemed to be done unconsciously. It made Rebekah increasingly worried for her brother's sake.

He was already so heartbroken from everything in the past years. Rebekah bore witness to his excitement for this particular century, claiming that it would be different when he broke the Hybrid Curse. He was always overjoyed to be in her presence, even when Rosalie had been cursed to turn against him. The love they shared through the years, no matter how briefly, rivalled that of fantasies and romance novels. Niklaus was patient when it came to waiting for her to be reborn...

But what would he do if Rosalie never woke up?

And so Rebekah ran.

Away from every single thing that made her want to break down, fearing that she would explode if she didn't take a step back. The grief was suffocating, the sadness a tangible feeling that gripped her in a chokehold. It was selfish, she knew, especially when her entire family was crippled by the impending loss of a dear friend.

After passing blurs of parts of the city, the Original found herself in an empty alleyway. If it wasn't so dirty, she swore she could have sunk down to the ground.

Her gaze fell on a puddle nearby, looking so trivial in comparison to what was on her mind. How strange it was, to be so unaware of the worldㅡ

"Excuse me, miss?"

Her blood boiled at the intrusion, though she couldn't see who it was as her back was turned. Unfortunately for the person who owned the deep voice, Rebekah's murderous expression was also hidden behind a curtain of hair.

The blonde tried to control herself by taking deep breaths, ignoring the smell of garbage as she managed her breathing.

But this dude had the audacity to lay a tentative hand on her shoulder. Concern seeped from his voice, "Are you alright?"

The next thing Rebekah knew, she was grabbing him by the neck, before slamming him against the nearest brick wall.

"Quite the meddler, aren't you?" Rebekah fluttered her eyelashes almost innocently, lips stretching into a sweet smile, one that almost slipped away at the expression on his face. She grit her teeth, fingers tightening over his neck.