vii. the ball

dance the night away!

❝ dance the night away! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

          "OKAY, JUST HEAR ME OUT," Alaska groaned, tugging at Rosalie's arm. The streets were dimly lit, but the blonde knew her sister's face was set in a grimace. The former moved sideways, sitting on the middle seat of the car as she clutched her the latter's arm.

          "Come on, Ro, please?" she pouted, moving her face closer to the brunette's line of sight.

          Rosalie, deciding that she had had enough, rolled her eyes. "Why do you even want me to stay by your side for the entire evening? Give me three good reasons and I'll think about it."

          The younger Monet straightened up and furrowed her eyebrows, desperately racking her brain for a reason that would make the stubborn girl agree. It wasn't like she could tell her that vampires exist and an entire family of thousand-year-olds were going to be in the premises. "Don't think too hard, Al," their brother Jacob snickered from the driver seat. "You might strain yourself."

          "Shut up and drive, Jacob," she snarled. It felt like her brain was pounding in her skull as the blonde tried to think under the immense amount pressure. This is Rosalie's life on the line, she worried. Come on, Alaska, think!

          "Because I don't know anyone there," she blurted, eyes wide with desperation. The blonde hoped that it made her look innocent, maybe her sister would focus on that because Alaska knew that she was going to stumble over the next words she would speak.

          "Didn't you say that Elena was attending?" Rosalie raised her eyebrows, glancing sideways at her.

          "...it's not the same."

          "Just tell me what the real problem is," the brunette huffed. "You always had fun meeting people before, so what's the big deal?"

          Because some of the people aren't actually humans, Alaska snorted silently. She knew that Rosalie was a hard person to convince because she always relied on solid, scientifically proven facts. Being a law student only strengthened the stubborn nature she already possessed since childhood. So, how the hell was Alaska supposed to tell her that there were potentially murderous vampires disguised in tuxedos and ballgowns roaming the dance floor this evening? Maybe she should know the truth, especially when the original vampire-werewolf hybrid had taken a peculiar liking towards her. Rosalie would demand proof, of course; but to what extent? What proof could she possibly present that wouldn't make her run for the hills and scream bloody murder?

          "Okay!" Jacob cheered, making the blonde flinch in surprise "Mission accomplished, I brought you guys here. Now, get out."

          "Thank you, Jake," Rosalie laughed at their brother's impatience. "Really. Have fun with Jeremy."