viii. under pressure

where's my love!

❝ where's my love! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

        ROSALIE SQUEEZED HER EYES SHUT, gripping her hair so tightly it nearly departed from her scalp. It felt like that, anyway. The brunette paced around her room, footsteps quiet and anxious at the same time. The repetitive taps would've bothered her on a normal day, but she could barely hear it right now, for there was hardly enough space in her buzzing mind. After the fight with Alaska, she had retreated to her room to clear her mind. Then, like a ruptured dam, everything the blonde had said came rushing back to fill her senses with disgust.

          Vampires, Rosalie scoffed. How ridiculous.

          Her sister was going through something terrible, so much so that it had caused a great divide between them. Regardless of what it was, Alaska couldn't even admit her mistake without conjuring fibs. Does she seriously think I'm an idiot? That I would fall for her trickery? The thought of her sister spinning lies to manipulate her left a bitter aftertaste in Rosalie's mouth. After everything they'd gone through, years of camaraderie and sisterhood...

          Thinking of the betrayal really didn't help with her headache. Believing that the throbbing pain in her skull would decrease if she relaxed a bit, the eldest Monet tried taking deep, even breathsㅡto no avail. In fact, it only grew worse as time went by.

          It was as though her brain was pulsating, like something was beating against her skull. Maybe it was her thick sweater, or maybe it was her restless pacing that made her skin burn, sweat gathering along her hairline. The room spun under her feet, causing Rosalie to brace her hand against the wall as a form of support.

          "Stop it," she murmured, gritting her teeth as she pushed the dizziness down. The brunette muffled a groan, muttering in a harsher tone. "Stop it."

          A harsh breath left her, and her vision blurred. It's okay, everything is completely under control, the Monet reminded herself. Calm down, take deep breaths, you're okay, you're completely fine. If seeing things around her in the slightest mess made her anxious, she was nearing hysteria at this point. Just thinking about being out of order made her headache worse.

          "Rosalie."

          She glanced sideways, trying to locate who had spoken. The brunette was met with the sight of a blonde child, the same kid Rosalie had once thought was creepy. 'You know him,' this girl had told her before, vanishing out of plain sight without an explanation. This kidㅡthis strange personㅡreally had the audacity to show up when her sanity was on the brink of snapping.