xv. cruel world

the final time!

❝ the final time! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

warning:
mentions of blood
and gore

THE BLONDE WITCH claimed to be his sister, introducing herself as Freya Mikaelson. The situation of their first meeting couldn't be more awkward: he was pinned to the wall by magic, while she hurriedly mumbled a spell that changed that.

The hybrid spent the moments following Persephone and Isabella's disappearance in complete silence, not even a rustle echoed in the church. Though the betrayal remained on his mind, he focused all his attention on trying to find Rosalie. Now that they had a closer bond to each other, he was supposed to be able to sense where she wasㅡit had been like that in the last centuries.

But he couldn't.

He couldn't even feel her presence. Nik thought he must have been too weak, too drained of energy, to do so. He exhaled harshly, forcing himself to tug on the invisible string that led to her, but no one answered.

My love.

Rosalie.

Where are you, darling?

He didn't even have to try in the past. Knowing where she was was as effortless as a feather drifting in airㅡhe felt her in his very bones, a constant presence of comfort and warmth.

The fact that he was having difficulty reaching her...

He gulped, just trying to think of where she could be, when the blonde woman waltzed in.

Once his feet were on the ground, he wasted no time and escaped the church, completely ignoring the woman. Nik didn't know what Persephone's plan was, and didn't trust her motives anymore. She could be lying about everything, for all he knew. So, he decided to check the last place he knew her to be in:

The Mikaelson mansion.

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

Too much human blood?

Rosalie pulled at the chains on her limbs, well and thoroughly creeped out by the statement. One of the other hooded beings approached them, handing Myknos a silver dagger. The blade glinted under the moonlight, increasing the Monet's heart rate.

Because her eyes kept bouncing between the sharp object and her captor, she failed to notice the people closing in on her. They pinned her wrists and ankles down, just as Myknos held the dagger up in one hand.

"Wait!" Rosalie struggled against her binds, desperately trying to do something. "Wait, just tell me what you want. I'll do what you want."

Myknos merely chuckled, seemingly amused at her request. "What I want is for you to stay still."