ii. heart breaker

have a drink!

❝ have a drink! ❞

·° 。: ✰ : ·° 。

"WELL, THAT WAS A DISASTER." Kol placed his hands on his hips, glancing at his companion. Persephone looked up from her task of sweeping the salt out of the crypt, glaring. She scowled at him, "You think?"

The Original frowned in thought, not in the least bit affected by Persephone's death glare. "What do you reckon went wrong?"

Though pissed he wasn't helping her clean up, Persephone tried to come up with an answer to his questionㅡwhich had an endless list of answers. The two of them were left alone in the crypt with the assignment of erasing any evidence they had left ("Why do we have to do the dirty work?" Kol's indignant protest was ignored), while Elijah and Rebekah took care of Sophie, and Nik took Rosalie back to her apartment.

"I'm not familiar with witch magic," the raven-haired woman said, leaning against the entrance of the crypt. The celestial glow of the moon was bright on her face as she stared back. With her back turned on him, Kol couldn't read her feelings. Persephone's grip on the broom tightened. "But..."

She paused, abrupt and hesitant. Persephone walked further back in, facing Kol with a troubled look on her face. "I don't know, there was something...familiar about it."

Elijah and Rebekah suddenly appeared at the door way, the former frowning as he asked, "What do you mean by that, Pers?"

The woman in question startled, then glared at the Original. "Jeez, you could announce yourself sometimes. What happened to the witch?"

"She'll be fine," he waved it off. "What do you mean by familiar?"

Rebekah followed her brother inside, rolling her eyes at Kol as he continued to frown at the dust near his shoes. Persephone huffed, "I don't know! It was like seeing an old friend or something. You know, that feeling you get when you see someone from your past."

Silence blanketed the quartet, each lost in their own myriad of constructed possibilities. As time went on, each thought became more improbable and ridiculous than the next. Sophie had been a capable witch, and she performed the spell by drawing more power from her ancestors' grave, along with harnessing the strength from a full moonㅡand she had lost a part of herself, both literally and figuratively. If she couldn't find answers about Rosalie, who could? Who could they even ask for help, aside from a witch? Seeing what had happened to Sophie for trying was scary enough, but there must've been a profound reason as to why the punishment was so severe. That was the frightening part.

Finally, Rebekah mumbled, "I don't have a good feeling about this. We can't let Rosalie roam around alone."

"There's a slight problem with that."