°15 *

The sounds of the heart rate monitors for Sophia, and our baby, are the only sounds in the room except for my sniffles. I feel overwhelmed at the events of the past week. When we rescued Sophia, and Hoseok hyung's sister, it was a relief. Sophia opened her eyes in the medical helicopter that brought us to Seoul. She looked at me and I was so happy. Then she turned away and closed her eyes on purpose to not see me. My heart broke at this clear rejection.

When we arrived at the hospital, they took her into surgery to fix her leg. Hoseok hyung had splinted and casted her leg to immobilize it, but she needed surgery to have pins put in to help the bone heal like it's supposed to. I paced like a mad man outside the surgery room, waiting to make sure she and aegi are alright. When the Dr came out and said it went well, I hugged him. He was surprised, but understood my concern.

Since then, she is in a private suite, with security stationed outside. Ha-eun hasn't been found, and I won't risk her getting anywhere near Sophia. Namjoon hyung has visiting Dr's privileges, so he is helping to take care of my love. He explains that they are keeping her unconscious for the time being to allow her body to recover.

I want so much for her to open her beautiful green eyes. I can't wait to look into them again, and tell her how much I love her. The wounds Ha-eun inflicted are healing... I can't stand to think of what she had to go through. Why were these 2 devils driven to do these things. Especially Ha-eun... It hurts my head when I try to understand how she could cut open the healed wound from the plane crash? How could she cut her face on new places?

I spoke to a plastic surgeon about some of her more serious cuts. He feels that thanks to Hoseok hyung leaving them open, and just packing them with gauze, they'll be easier to fix. He promised that when he's finished, he'll be able to reduce the incision on her face, at least to what it was before. However, he cannot do much for the new small incisions on the other side of her face. They are placed all along her cheek, and the Dr said they'll heal without much scarring... But they'll always be noticeable, if only because they'll be a different pigment, as scars often are.

My father comes daily to check in. He's working with Mr. Park to get the guardianship agreement away from the Lee's, and put it under our control. The Lee's accountant was arrested for assisting them in robbing money from her inheritance. He tried to claim they spent the money to find her when she went missing. Idiot. He didn't know that we found her WITH Ju-won. And with Hoseok hyung's testimony to what he witnessed, there was no doubt that he had to know the money wasn't being used to find her.

According to Hoseok hyung, and his sister, the accountant had brought money to the home in Daejeon on at least 2 occasions. Ji-won is in the psychiatric ward because of the torture she endured at the hands of Ha-eun. Hoseok hyung is in jail, pending his trial. I don't know what to feel about him right now. Am I glad he was there to keep my love alive? Yes. Do I think he deserves to be put in prison? I don't know... Am I glad I didn't shoot him? Yes. That's as far as I've thought about him...

Namjoon hyung tried to talk to me about Hoseok hyung, but until Sophia wakes up, I can't be bothered. I push my thoughts out to Sophia, and pray she's hearing them. I don't know if she ever heard me, like I believe I did her, but I keep trying. I heard her talking to aegi in her mind last night... I think. I was asleep, so it could have been a dream. She was telling the baby that she's sorry she isn't stronger, but that she'll love him/her forever. She also was saying how much Appa loves aegi, and how I'll make sure he/she will always be safe and loved.

I woke up crying because she was thinking these things as if she wouldn't be there with us. I grabbed her hand and wept while laying my head on her belly. Feeling Aegi kick me every once in a while helped me to calm down. I hummed songs that I know would soothe Sophia, and massaged her belly. They're going to allow her to wake up tomorrow, in order to get her off the feeding tube, and hopefully get her to eat some solid food.