°49

*⚠️ MATURE CONTENT⚠️*

My flight is called for boarding, and I head to the gate. This is really what I'm doing... I'm walking away from her... I hand my boarding pass to the gate attendant and my phone signals a text. I move to the jetway and look at the notification.

Love 💖: I'm waiting in Room 2507

______________

I freeze in my steps, making the couple behind me curse. She's waiting? I'm so confused... Moving away from the gate, I read the text again. What am I missing? I'm literally stuck in my spot. If I go back, is it going to be her explaining why she can't love me enough? That she is too broken after everything I failed to protect her from? All the reasons she doesn't want to be with me and our kids... That's what the letter said, right? I run a frustrated hand through my hair, staring at the text. What do I do?

I take a minute and place a call.

otp

Hello?

Hyung? I'm sorry if I'm calling at a bad time.

Jungkook? It's not... What's up?

I have a dilemma... Help me.

Tell me... I'll do what I can.

I tell him about finding the room empty. The envelope with my name on it, and how it reminded me of when she left the first time. He lets me talk, not interrupting, and when I'm done, he just sighs.

Jungkook-ah... Why didn't you read it?

I guess I was scared... I remembered that day she left me to run away... It broke me Jimin hyung...

You have to go back! You didn't read it, and you are making a mistake...

I can't take her leaving me again... I can't!

I begin crying while Jimin hyung continues to tell me everything will be alright. I hold on to his reassurances, and make a decision. I'm going back... A spark of hope ignites after listening to Hyung, and I rush to the airport exit.

Sophia

I sent the text a while ago, but I haven't heard back. I check my phone, and read through his messages from earlier. Nervousness runs through me at the tone of them. He was clearly upset, and on the verge of anger. Did he not read my letter? I thought that it was in a spot he couldn't miss it...

Maybe he read it, and realized that he's not willing to deal with me not being able to speak properly... No... He wouldn't do that... He knows how hard I've been trying, and he is proud of me. Stop thinking that way!! But where is he? The candles are burning down, and the bath water is getting cool... Hurry Jungkook...

__________

An hour with no reply... I can't control the tears that fall now. Maybe he really doesn't want me... I grab a glass of champagne and down it, becoming absolutely dejected at this point. The bubbles tickle my nose, and I just pour another glass. Climbing into the bed, I drink more of the alcohol. I really thought he would run here... After I confessed all the things I felt, and wanting to marry him soon, to make us a true family. I wanted to try to have a baby if it's what he wants... But this time we would be together the whole time... I wanted to go home to live close to his family... Our friends... Is it too little, too late?

My head is spinning at this point... I set the glass aside, letting my tears choke me a little. I drop back onto the bed, and hate myself for not being able to communicate with my voice. Maybe I didn't write out my feelings well... Did he not understand? The bedroom spins as the alcohol flows through my bloodstream. I realize that I haven't eaten, and I'm drunk... Jungkook... Where are you?