°10 *

Walking out of the train station I immediately smell the ocean. I haven't seen it, yet I know it's close. A flood of happy memories comes to mind. Running in the sand flying a kite. Being tossed into the waves to come up giggling. Ice cream sundaes. Picnics. Sand castles... My Dad getting the worst sunburn, but smiling anyway...

Happy tears coat my eyes, but I pull them back. I follow the scent and find the beautiful stretch of beach. I take my shoes and socks off to walk barefoot through the soft sand. I find a cafe and go in to order a drink and a sandwich. After I get my order, I head outside to find a spot to sit and enjoy the sunset.

After I've finished my food, I head back to the cafe. I ask if they're hiring, and even speak to the manager. I have an interview with the owner in the morning. Smiling and feeling like maybe this is where I'm meant to be, I walk to a boutique nearby. I find some clothes that are stylish and comfortable. I walk a little further down the beach and find a cute hotel where the rooms aren't too expensive. I get lucky and they have one right on the beach.

I suddenly feel exhausted. I haven't had much sleep the last couple nights. I take a warm shower, and put Jungkook's hoodie on with a pair of panties I bought. Crashing onto the soft mattress I groan at the feeling of my muscles loosening. I wish Jungkook was with me, and the guilt twists my gut. I sit up feeling nauseous and end up kneeling in front of the toilet puking up the sandwich I ate not long ago. Truly feeling weak, I drag myself back to the bed and pass out.

Min-jun

It's been 3 days and I still haven't heard from Sophia. I'm getting anxious about it, but I'll give her a couple days before going to anyone else. I feel sad for Mr. Jeon. He's looking like he hasn't slept, and I caught a whiff of alcohol the other day. I had suspected he was in love with her, but I'm positive of it now.

Seo-yeon doesn't let him breathe, and I see he's on edge. She is constantly asking him to help her with math, and trying to be seductive. I had walked in just now to her trying to kiss him. I swear he was close to giving in, until I cleared my throat. He ripped himself away from her and looked at me with a look I knew was guilt. Seo-yeon though... She wants to murder me now.

"Mr. Jeon... Have you any information on when Miss Sophia will be back? Is she sick?" I wanted to see his reaction, but I immediately wished I hadn't asked. I see him battling the tears and he just shakes his head. He turns to walk away when Seo-yeon pipes up, ruining any chance she may have had with Mr. Jeon.

"I say good riddance to that deformed freak. She thought she was better than everyone." Mr. Jeon's reply was quick and harsh. He literally growled at her.

"You. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Lee. Seo-yeon! You are noone to talk about people thinking they're better. You literally bully anyone who might become a competition to your imagined popularity. Kim Sophia is a far more beautiful person inside, and out, than you will ever be!! The next time you say that shit about her, I'll report you to the principal for bullying. I don't give A FUCK who your daddy is either. Got it?"

I watched a stunned Seo-yeon run out of the room with tears running down her face. Served her right, but I'm shocked he went that far. Before I know what's happening, Mr. Jeon is in my face. I can definitely smell alcohol on his breath, and he looks scary. Not mad, but desperate.

"Min-jun-ah... You are someone she trusted... Are you sure you don't know anything about where she is?" He looks suddenly exhausted and like a child. I want to tell him what I know, but I don't. I promised her that I wouldn't. I'm stuck...

"Mr. Jeon... If I knew, I wouldn't have asked you. I'm sorry you're struggling. I know she is special to you... Just don't give up on her yet..."

He grips his hair in frustration and I see a tear escape which he harshly wipes away. "How can I not? She doesn't trust me enough to help her... Nevermind... I can't talk about this with you."