(39) CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Kusuo's POV

Around the time Kusuo was 10-years-old

Christmas.

If I was the "old me", I would rather spend it alone, with a cup of coffee jelly while watching my favorite shows, or reading my favorite manga. Don't get me wrong, I still like to have my alone time. But I have learned that I should spend time with the people I care about, because you'll never know when's the last time you'll ever see them.

"Hey Kuu-Chan!" This is my bestfriend. Izuku Midoriya. We just met only about eight-or-so months ago, when I just started fourth-grade in elementary.

In those nine months, I've become quite popular, with my mysterious quirk and my looks, which contrasts with Izuku's popularity which is low due to being quirkless. He attracted bullies, which wasn't really too bad since I'm here to protect him. Sometimes, I would guilt trip them into leaving him alone. While other times... let's just say they didn't go to school the next day, or the day after, the whole week, the whole month, or ever.

"Merry Christmas! I was wondering if you wanted to come over to have dinner with me and my mom tonight. So will you?" He asked twiddling with his fingers while fidgeting a bit.

I looked at him and nodded with a small smile.

"I'll come. I have to ask my dad for permission first though." I said, making him grin brightly.

"Okay then! This is going to be fun! Our first Christmas together! I'll see you later then, at 6:00 pm! You can just wear a casual outfit since it'll only be the three of us, as well as Kacchan and his parents! I'm so excited!" He grinned at me, causing me to smile back. I waved at him as he walked away after the bell rang for dismissal. I then went to switched my shoes, and walked out of the school doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're spending Christmas with a friend? That's nice." Dadzawa mumbled, sipping coffee from his mug.

"So can I? I'll only be there about four hours, please?" I pleaded.

"Sure. As long as you get back home safely before 10:00 pm so we can spend Christmas together too." He answered, and I went and hugged him.

"Thanks dad." I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear. He sighs and ruffles my hair, before pulling away and going to the kitchen.

"Hurry up and get yourself ready. I take it you haven't gotten them presents, right?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder. I pouted and looked to the side.

"No, I haven't. That's why I'm heading out early." I muttered.

"Okay then, be careful." He said, grabbing some ingredients from the pantry and fridge to make our food tonight.

I went to my room, and put together a decent outfit. I wore a baggy blue sweater, and a pair of black jeans with thermal leggings under them. I took out a pink scarf which I got from Dadzawa last Christmas, and put it around my neck, slipping on a grey  beanie after. I also wore a pair of warm gloves, because it was quite cold outside, and quickly took my wallet, before walking to the door and wearing my boots, saying goodbye to Dadzawa and leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Now, what should I buy?...'

That was my main thought as I walked around the slightly snowy shopping district, decorated with Christmas ornaments and lit up with tons of Christmas lights. It was completely packed with people, and their voices and thoughts filled my ears and mind. I winced and turned off telepathy, and continued walking.