(40) The Beast's Forest

(A/N)

Heyo, I'm alive- I'm back from my small break :P And my mental health didn't improve at all👁👄👁

Holy crap this update is so late- oml I'm sorry

Anyways, I got another fanart OwO ✨ and it's from WinterRinani

✨Ty so much! It's so pretty✨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kusuo's POV:

'EWEWEWEWEWEW!!! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO MAKE A BUG OUT OF ALL THINGS?!' I ran as fast as I can, jumping over obstacles and running around trees as I was being chased by a giant centipede made out of hardened mud, knocking down trees and making a lot of noise in the process. Everyone else was still at the beginning of the forest, while I was somewhere around the middle, being chased by that abomination.

'There's no use in running, so destroying it is probably my best option... Good fucking grief!'

I quickly turned around, and punched the ground making large pillars rise up, reaching up to the clouds and smashing the centipede's head into crumbs of mud. I panted with wide eyes, and tried to calm down my heartbeat which was beating at least a few dozen miles an hour.

My jaw dropped and I paled as I watched the headless centipede crawl around the spike and grow back its head.

"Are you KIDDING ME?! Well I should've guessed that was going to happen since I doubt Pixiebob's Earth beasts rely on their heads to live..." I slammed my hand back to the ground, and continued making spikes rise up. The centipede crawled around them, separating into smaller ones and forming back into a giant one when the spikes almost hit them. It was kind of suspicious how it could evade my spikes even before I make them, so I came into a conclusion. 

'It can sense kinetic energy??' I stood back up and lifted up chunks of earth into the air, because no way in hell am I going to touch it, psychokinesis or not. It might be made out of mud, but it still looks like a bug. Using my quirk, I threw the large rocks at the centipede, but it kept crawling into random directions, evading them.

I groaned is annoyance and jumped up a tree, jumping to another one when the centipede rammed into it, destroying it. I continued jumping on tree branches, the centipede destroying the ones I was recently on, until I stopped.

I used my psychokinetic beam, and sliced off its legs, but they kept growing back, making me groan in annoyance. It suddenly lunged at me, making my eyes widen into saucers as I jumped back. It's forcipule managed to scratch my leg, making me hiss in pain, but I flicked my fingers at it, breaking it off and making it launch into the orbit. I landed on the ground, and made more spikes while it was midair, since it can't move while falling.

It pierced through its head, and I continued creating spikes all over the area, destroying the rest of its body and ruining a chunk of the forest...