(23) The Taste of Blood

Kusuo's POV:

"Watch out Fly!" A pro hero shouted at another pro hero which was about to be squashed by a car.

'I'm starting to regret coming here. I'm not a fan of saving other heroes. But at least I could have some fun in this damned internship.'

I stopped the incoming car in mid-air with psychokinesis, and threw it back at the Nomu that threw it at the hero.

The car exploded upon contact, making the heroes cover their eyes. Fortunately, I had my visor on, since I apported my hero costume with my clothes and some of my money before coming here.

"Hey kid! What are you doing here?!" A hero yelled at me.

"Helping? I just happened to be passing by." I lied, placing my hands behind md.

"WATCH OUT!" A girl shouted at me.

"Hm?" I hummed, and looked up to see the brain-faced Nomu.

I turned around, and built up kinetic energy on my arm, then punched its abdomen, obliterating its torso. The Nomu regenerated, and threw a punch at me.

I catched the punch, and used my third quirk on it, and crumpled the Nomu like a piece of paper. I then disintegrated what's left of it, and threw it in the air.

"Woah! How did he do that?!"

"Even we can't take it down."

"But he did it single-handedly."

The heroes started murmuring and stared at me in awe. I sighed, and spoke.

"Don't just stand there. Check if there's any civillians injured." I ordered the adults.

Before anyone could say anything, the other Nomu flew passed us from the above, while carrying a woman with its talon-like feet.

"Look! Its Endeavor!" Someone suddenly yelled while pointing at the said bulky, fiery hero which was chasing the Nomu.

He stuck his foot to a building, melting the part under his foot, and used his momentum to run up the building and jump high. He held flames in the form of a spear in his hand, and threw it at the winged Nomu, impaling its head which made it fall and let go of the poor lady. Endeavor ran, and catched the woman before saying;

"You won't get away!"

'Judging by his thoughts, he already took down the other Nomu, meaning that all the Nomu have been immobilized. But that doesn't mean no one was injured.'

I removed my mask and my visor, making the smell of ash and burnt rubber fill my nose, and the hot air to touch my face.

I activated telepathy, and heard everyone's thoughts from 200 meters away. I slowly expanded my telepathy range, until I heard a familiar train of thoughts.

'Izuku?! Wait, he's with the Hero Killer Stain?! That IDIOT! He's 'gonna get himself killed!'

I deactivated my telepathy, then used clairvoyance to locate where they were, and found Todoroki, Iida and another pro-hero with him.

I ran, unbeknownst to me that Endeavor was staring at me.

Once there was no one in sight, I teleported just outside the alleyway, and gulped. I stared at the dark, damp alleyway which had a few puddles, dumpsters and bins here and there. There were broken bottles, and the air was filled with the smell of beer, gas and cigarettes.

I scrunched up my nose, and put my respirator back on, as well as my visor. I pressed a button on my mask, switching on my night-vision.

Water droplets dripped onto puddles, which made sounds that filled the eerie silence, which was broken once I heard people fighting.