(36) Swimming... In Regret

Kusuo's POV:

I stirred awake from one of the weirdest dreams I've had, only to feel warmth around me, and something heavy on my arms and waist. My eyes fluttered open, and just like that, I felt my face burn, and steam come out of my ears.

In front of my face was Eiji's neck, his chin was rested on top of my head, and his arms were wrapped around me tightly. Our legs were tangled together, so I couldn't really move since I don't want to wake him up.

Usually, I would hate physical contact with a burning passion, but since he's one of the people I trust the most, I don't mind. But that doesn't mean I can't get flustered.

'OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH! WHY IS HE SO CLOSE?! He smells nice though, and he's so warm I could fall asleep again in his arms. WHAT DO I DO, WHAT DO I DO? Do I wait until he wakes up? That would be really awkward... Should I wake him up? That would probably be worse... Should I try to sneak out instead? I would most likely wake him up...'

I was too busy trying to think of a way to slip out of this situation, that I didn't realize the cause of my internal panic woke up. He hummed, before pulling away and staring into my eyes in puzzlement. We blinked at each other twice, before our faces turned the same color as each other's hair.

"G-good morning?..." I greeted in attempt to break the awkward silence, before mentally mentally punching myself in the face. Wordlessly, he got out of bed and walked out of the room, face glowing pink. "Okayy... Fair enough..." I mumbled and took my earring from the nightstand, following him out.

I went to the bathroom and got the spare toothbrush I was borrowing out of the cup where the other toothbrushes were held in. I squirted some toothpaste on it, slightly dampening it with water, before starting to brush my teeth. I glanced over at Eiji who was brushing his sharp teeth next to me, and averted my gaze to my right before looking back at the mirror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eat up boys, I made plenty!" Keiko-San grinned, and I scarfed down the breakfast she made.

"Fu~ I forgot how delicious your grilled fish is." I mumbled, mouth full of rice and fish, imaginary tears spraying out of my eyes. She chuckled and said;

"Awe, so you forgot about me?" She pouted before laughing, "Ha! I'm just messing with ya! I know how much you loved that stuff."

"Grilled fish isn't actually my favorite food. I just love your dishes." I stated, before scooping more into my mouth.

"Oh, don't flatter me, Kusuo. But at least you're appreciative, unlike this guy over here." She said, tilting her head towards Eiji.

"Mom! I'm not unappreciative!" Eiji slightly whined, making Keiko-San giggle.

"I know, I'm just kidding!" She giggled and snorted, shaking head before starting to eat breakfast herself.

Ping!

I swallowed the food in my mouth, before taking out my phone and turning it on. I opened my notification, and saw that it was a text message from Izuku. Sighing, I tapped it and read his message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broccoli Boy

Broccoli Boy: Hey Kuu-Chan! Our class is going to have an endurance training at our school's pool! I just wanted to invite you :)

Strawberry Boy: Sure. I don't have anything to do today so I'll be there.

Broccoli Boy: Great! I'll see you there at 3pm!