(35) The (Disastrous) Shopping Trip

Kusuo's POV:

'I know karma exists. But I didn't expect for it to sting so much.' I walked down the sidewalk with my head tilted down. I wore an oversized beige hoodie, with a white shirt underneath, and black jeans with my black sneakers. My hood was up, to cover my cat ears and I hid my tail in my hoodie.

'Why did I even come? I could've just stayed at home so noone would see me. Good grief. I regret every decision of my life.'

Flashback

"WHAT DID YOU DO?! WHY AM I A CAT?!?!" I yelled at Dadzawa telepathically as he just ate breakfast, looking at my pastel pink ears.

"I know you cheated in the exams." I froze at his statement, and felt sweat run down my forehead. "You should know to check your surroundings before telling people a secret. Plus, this is the consequence of worrying me too much, in JUST your first year of high school. I cannot even imagine what'll happen on your second and third years." He shook his head sighing, before taking a sip of coffee.

He then suddenly reached his hand up, and ruffled my hair before scratching behind my cat ears. I blinked, before melting and purring, leaning into the touch. I then suddenly felt his hand grip my tail, before pulling it. I yelped and hissed, before trying to scratch his face.

"You'll stay this way, let's say... until the end of summer break." He said, dodging my attack.

"THAT LONG?! TURN ME BACK THIS INSTANT!" I tried scratching him again, slashing my nails at him, but his scarf held me back.

"Now, now. Think of this as a lesson to never lie or hide anything from me." He sat me down on a chair, before turning around and walking to the kitchen

'Why did I have become a cat of all things! I swear to myself, one day, I'll embarass you in front of Yamada-San.' I plotted in my head, glaring at him as he put his plate and utensils away.

End of Flashback

I sighed and continued walking. I know something bad is going to happen eventually. Trips to the mall, or any other places tend to go wrong. The mall could be closed. You could lose a valuable item. You could run into a group of delinquents. You could get hit by a car. You might go the wrong way, or you could also run into a foe from the past, and many other disasters might happen.

But I don't really hate the mall. I actually like it. I could buy, clothes, sweets, new things I broke, new pillows or beds, sweets, manga, games, movies, and did I mention sweets? So yeah, the mall can't be that bad IF people didn't constantly stare at me and ask me out.

"Hey Kuu-Chan! You made it!" Izuku waved at me, as I got to the entrance of the mall where everyone was waiting for me.

"Glad you could make it Kusu-Kun! What took you so long though? Were you mugged my delinquents?" Eji asked and frowned, hardening his arms.

"No, I was fine. I just overslept." It wasn't a lie though. I always oversleep. I just get myself ready with my powers which are very handy considering I always lose track of time.

"Oh, that's fine." He said, grinning and disabling his quirk. I walked to his side, and Mina shouted excitedly;

"Alright! Now that we're all here, let's go!" And so we did. We walked around, looking left and right for stores we need to go to, while avoiding bumping into people and preventing the mall from exploding by kicking a rock into outer space. Well the last one was just me.

"So, I noticed you like wearing oversized clothes Kuu-Chan. Is there a reason for that?" His eyes widened, then he started frantically waving his hands in ways I didn't know was possible for a normal human, once he realized his mistake, "N-not that I have a problem with it or anything! It's not like there should be a reason for fashion sense! I was just curious."